Joanna Gaines is not only a talented home designer and television personality but also a fantastic cook. Her recipes are known for their simplicity and delicious flavors. If you’re looking for an easy meatball recipe that will impress your family and friends, look no further. In this article, we’ll be sharing Joanna Gaines’ best easy meatball recipe.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
– 1 jar marinara sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, milk, egg, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Shape the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 1-1.5 inches in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until they are browned and cooked through.
5. While the meatballs are baking, heat the marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until warmed through.
6. Once the meatballs are cooked, transfer them to the saucepan with the marinara sauce. Gently stir to coat the meatballs with the sauce.
7. Reduce the heat to low and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
8. Serve the meatballs hot with your favorite pasta or crusty bread. You can also sprinkle some additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top for extra flavor.
Now, let’s move on to the Q&A section:
Q1. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
A1. Yes, you can definitely substitute ground turkey for ground beef in this recipe. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture may be slightly different.
Q2. Can I freeze the meatballs?
A2. Absolutely! Once the meatballs are cooked, let them cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. Thaw before reheating.
Q3. How do I make the meatballs gluten-free?
A3. You can replace the breadcrumbs with gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers.
Q4. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
A4. Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried. Just double the amount specified in the recipe.
Q5. Can I use store-bought marinara sauce?
A5. Of course! If you’re short on time, you can use your favorite store-bought marinara sauce instead of making it from scratch.
Q6. Can I add vegetables to the meatball mixture?
A6. Absolutely! Feel free to add finely chopped vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or zucchini to the meatball mixture for added nutrition and flavor.
Q7. How do I store leftover meatballs?
A7. Allow the meatballs to cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Q8. Can I make mini meatballs for appetizers?
A8. Yes, you can make smaller meatballs for appetizers. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as they may cook faster.
Q9. What other sauces can I serve with these meatballs?
A9. Apart from marinara sauce, you can also serve these meatballs with barbecue sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or even a creamy mushroom sauce.
Joanna Gaines’ easy meatball recipe is a winner in terms of simplicity and taste. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply want a comforting meal, these meatballs are sure to be a hit. Enjoy!