Best Easy Kerala Beef Cutlet Recipe
Kerala, a state in southern India, is famous for its delicious and spicy cuisine. One of the most loved snacks in Kerala is the Beef Cutlet. Made with minced beef and a variety of spices, this dish is a perfect combination of flavors and textures. If you are a fan of Indian cuisine or looking to try something new, here is the best and easiest Kerala Beef Cutlet recipe for you to try.
– 500 grams minced beef
– 2 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
– 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
– 2 green chilies, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
– 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
– Salt to taste
– Bread crumbs for coating
– Oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced beef, mashed potatoes, chopped onion, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, coriander leaves, and salt. Mix everything well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Divide the mixture into small portions and shape them into round or oval cutlets.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Dip each cutlet in bread crumbs, ensuring it is coated evenly on all sides.
4. Gently place the coated cutlets into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy. Ensure that the oil is not too hot, as it may burn the cutlets.
5. Once fried, remove the cutlets from the oil and place them on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
6. Serve the Kerala Beef Cutlets hot with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.
7. Enjoy the delicious and flavorful Kerala Beef Cutlets as a snack or appetizer.
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I use chicken instead of beef for this recipe?
– Yes, you can substitute minced chicken for beef to make chicken cutlets.
2. Can I bake the cutlets instead of frying them?
– Yes, you can bake the cutlets in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
3. Can I freeze the cutlets?
– Yes, you can freeze the cutlets after shaping them. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to cook, thaw them in the refrigerator and fry or bake as instructed.
4. What can I serve with Kerala Beef Cutlets?
– You can serve the cutlets with mint chutney, tomato ketchup, or a spicy coriander dip.
5. Are there any vegetarian alternatives to this recipe?
– Yes, you can replace the minced beef with mashed vegetables like mashed peas, carrots, or corn to make vegetarian cutlets.
6. Can I add additional spices or herbs to enhance the flavor?
– Absolutely! You can add spices like cumin powder, coriander powder, or herbs like mint leaves or curry leaves to enhance the flavor according to your preference.
7. Can I make the cutlets ahead of time and reheat them later?
– Yes, you can make the cutlets ahead of time and reheat them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Kerala Beef Cutlets are a delightful snack that will surely impress your taste buds. Follow this easy recipe and enjoy the authentic flavors of Kerala right at your home.