Best Easy King Crab ATL Butter Sauce Recipe
If you’re a seafood lover, then you know that king crab is a delicacy that should not be missed. Its succulent meat and sweet flavor make it a favorite among many. One way to elevate the taste of king crab is by pairing it with a rich and flavorful sauce. And what better choice than the famous ATL butter sauce? This easy-to-make recipe will take your king crab experience to a whole new level.
– 2 pounds of king crab legs
– 1 cup unsalted butter
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped parsley (for garnish)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the king crab legs on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes until heated through.
2. In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
4. Once the king crab legs are heated, carefully remove them from the oven. Using kitchen shears, cut open the shells to expose the meat. Be cautious as the steam might be hot.
5. Transfer the king crab legs to a serving platter and drizzle the ATL butter sauce generously over them.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy the succulent king crab meat dipped in the rich and flavorful ATL butter sauce.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious recipe:
1. Can I use frozen king crab legs for this recipe?
Yes, frozen king crab legs can be used. Just make sure to thaw them completely before baking.
2. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter if that’s what you have on hand. Just adjust the amount of salt you add accordingly.
3. Can I use a different seasoning instead of Old Bay?
If you don’t have Old Bay seasoning, you can substitute it with a seafood seasoning blend or a combination of paprika, celery salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
4. How long can I store the leftover ATL butter sauce?
The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it gently on the stovetop before serving.
5. Can I use this sauce with other seafood?
Absolutely! This buttery sauce pairs well with various seafood dishes like lobster, shrimp, or even grilled fish.
6. Can I double the recipe if I have a larger crowd to feed?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to accommodate a larger group. Just make sure to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
7. Is it necessary to use fresh lemon juice, or can I use bottled lemon juice?
Fresh lemon juice will provide a brighter and fresher flavor, but bottled lemon juice can be used if that’s all you have available.
8. Can I use this sauce for dipping instead of drizzling?
Yes, you can serve the ATL butter sauce on the side for dipping if you prefer.
9. Can I add other spices or herbs to the sauce?
Feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs and spices to customize the sauce to your liking. However, make sure not to overpower the delicate flavors of the king crab.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to gather your ingredients and indulge in this mouthwatering king crab ATL butter sauce recipe. Enjoy!