If you’re a fan of the popular Krusteaz Bake and Fry mix, but want to make it from scratch at home, you’re in luck! We have the best easy Krusteaz Bake and Fry copycat recipe that will satisfy your cravings and save you a trip to the store. With just a few simple ingredients, you can recreate this versatile mix that can be used for both baking and frying. So, let’s get started!
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
– 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dried thyme, dried oregano, and black pepper. Mix well.
2. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container or a ziplock bag for storage. Label it as “Krusteaz Bake and Fry Copycat Mix” and include the date.
Now that you have your very own Krusteaz Bake and Fry copycat mix, you can use it in a multitude of recipes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Chicken Tenders: Coat chicken tenders in the copycat mix, then bake or fry until golden and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
2. Onion Rings: Slice onions into rings, dip them in a mixture of buttermilk and beaten egg, then toss in the copycat mix. Fry until crispy and enjoy as a delicious side dish.
3. Fish Fillets: Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, then coat them in the copycat mix. Fry until golden brown and serve with tartar sauce.
4. Fried Pickles: Dip pickle slices in beaten egg, then coat them in the copycat mix. Fry until crispy and serve as an appetizer or snack.
5. Zucchini Fries: Cut zucchini into sticks, dip them in a beaten egg, then toss in the copycat mix. Bake until golden and serve as a healthier alternative to traditional fries.
6. Shrimp Tempura: Dip shrimp in a light batter made from the copycat mix and sparkling water. Fry until crispy and serve with a sweet chili dipping sauce.
7. Fried Chicken: Coat chicken pieces in the copycat mix, then fry until golden and fully cooked. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy for a classic comfort food meal.
8. Corn Dogs: Skewer hot dogs, dip them in a cornmeal batter made with the copycat mix, then fry until golden brown. Enjoy this fair food favorite from the comfort of your home.
9. Blooming Onion: Slice an onion into petals, dip it in a seasoned batter made with the copycat mix, then fry until crispy. Serve with a tangy dipping sauce for a show-stopping appetizer.
Now that you have the recipe and some ideas on how to use your Krusteaz Bake and Fry copycat mix, it’s time to get cooking! Enjoy the convenience and deliciousness of this versatile mix made from scratch.
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
– Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for the all-purpose flour.
2. How long can I store the copycat mix?
– The copycat mix can be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to six months.
3. Can I adjust the spices to suit my taste preferences?
– Absolutely! Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of spices according to your liking.
4. Can I use the copycat mix for baking only?
– Yes, the mix works well for both baking and frying.
5. Can I use this mix for sweet recipes?
– No, this copycat mix is specifically formulated for savory dishes.
6. Can I use this mix for coating vegetables?
– Yes, you can use the mix to coat vegetables before baking or frying them.
7. Can I make a larger batch of the copycat mix?
– Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch.
8. Can I use this mix for air frying?
– Yes, the copycat mix works well for air frying too.
9. Can I use this mix for making gluten-free chicken tenders?
– Yes, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make gluten-free chicken tenders.