Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that is loved by people all over the world. With layers of pasta, cheese, and a rich tomato sauce, it’s the perfect comfort food. Making lasagna from scratch can seem intimidating, but with the help of a Kitchenaid stand mixer, it becomes a breeze. In this article, we will explore the best easy lasagna noodle recipe using a Kitchenaid stand mixer.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Water, as needed
1. Attach the flat beater to your Kitchenaid stand mixer.
2. In the mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt.
3. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
4. If the dough is too dry, add water a tablespoon at a time until it forms a ball.
5. Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
6. Remove the dough from the mixer and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rest for about 20 minutes.
7. Divide the dough into four equal parts.
8. Take one part of the dough and flatten it with your hands.
9. Set the Kitchenaid pasta roller to the widest setting and pass the dough through it.
10. Fold the dough into thirds and pass it through the pasta roller again. Repeat this process two more times.
11. Gradually decrease the thickness of the pasta roller until you reach the desired thickness for your lasagna noodles.
12. Lay the rolled dough on a lightly floured surface and repeat the process with the remaining dough portions.
13. Cut the rolled dough into rectangular shapes, approximately 3×6 inches in size.
14. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the lasagna noodles for about 2-3 minutes or until they are al dente.
15. Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Now that you have your homemade lasagna noodles ready, you can proceed to make your lasagna with your favorite sauce, cheese, and fillings. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some common questions about making lasagna noodles with a Kitchenaid stand mixer:
1. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste of the noodles may differ slightly.
2. How thin should I roll the lasagna noodles?
It depends on your preference. Some people like thin noodles, while others prefer thicker noodles. Experiment with different thicknesses to find what you like best.
3. Can I freeze the lasagna noodles?
Yes, you can freeze the lasagna noodles. After cutting them into shapes, lay them flat on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Transfer them to a freezer bag or container for long-term storage.
4. How long can I store the lasagna noodles?
Properly stored, the lasagna noodles can last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. Can I make lasagna sheets instead of noodles?
Yes, you can roll the dough into large rectangular sheets and use them as lasagna noodles.
6. Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before rolling it out.
7. Can I use a pasta attachment instead of a pasta roller?
Yes, you can use a pasta attachment to roll out the lasagna noodles.
8. Can I add herbs or spices to the dough?
Yes, you can add herbs or spices to the dough for added flavor. Try adding dried basil or oregano to the flour mixture.
9. Can I use the lasagna noodles for other dishes?
Absolutely! The homemade lasagna noodles can be used in other pasta dishes like fettuccine or ravioli.
Making lasagna noodles from scratch with a Kitchenaid stand mixer is not only fun but also rewarding. With this easy recipe, you can create delicious homemade lasagna that will impress your family and friends. So, grab your Kitchenaid stand mixer and start rolling!