Best Easy Lemon Snap Cookie Recipe
If you’re a fan of tangy, zesty treats, then these easy lemon snap cookies are sure to become your new favorite recipe. They are quick to make and bursting with a refreshing lemony flavor that will leave you craving for more. With a crispy exterior and a soft, chewy center, these cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a casual afternoon snack or a delightful addition to a dessert spread. So, grab your apron and let’s dive into this simple yet delectable lemon snap cookie recipe!
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg until well combined, then add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as it may result in tougher cookies.
6. Roll the dough into small balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter, and place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
7. Gently press down on each dough ball with the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand to flatten them slightly.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once cooled, dust the cookies with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
11. Enjoy these delightful lemon snap cookies with a cup of tea or share them with friends and family!
Now, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about this scrumptious lemon snap cookie recipe:
Q1. Can I use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemon juice?
A1. While fresh lemon juice is recommended for the best flavor, bottled lemon juice can be used as a substitute if you don’t have fresh lemons on hand.
Q2. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
A2. When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies can stay fresh for up to a week.
Q3. Can I freeze the dough?
A3. Yes, you can freeze the dough by shaping it into balls and placing them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Q4. Can I add other flavors to the cookies?
A4. Absolutely! You can experiment with adding other flavors like poppy seeds, lavender, or even a hint of ginger to create your own unique twist on these lemon snap cookies.
Q5. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
A5. While margarine can be used as a substitute, it may affect the texture and flavor of the cookies. Butter is recommended for the best results.
Q6. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A6. Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour. However, keep in mind that the cookies may have a denser texture and a slightly nuttier flavor.
Q7. Can I make larger cookies instead of small ones?
A7. Absolutely! Adjust the baking time accordingly, as larger cookies will require a few extra minutes in the oven.
These easy lemon snap cookies are a delightful treat that can be enjoyed year-round. They are perfect for tea parties, picnics, or simply satisfying your sweet tooth. So, give this recipe a try and indulge in the tangy goodness of these irresistible cookies!