Lotus flower cookies are delicate and beautiful treats that are both visually appealing and delicious. These cookies are popular in many Asian countries and are often associated with festivals and special occasions. If you want to impress your friends and family with a unique and easy-to-make cookie recipe, look no further than the lotus flower cookies. In this article, we will guide you through the best and easiest lotus flower cookies recipe.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup butter (softened)
– 1/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Food coloring (optional)
– Lotus flower cookie mold
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract and salt to the mixture and mix well.
3. Gradually add the flour to the mixture and stir until a soft dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Add food coloring to one portion if desired and mix well until the color is evenly distributed.
5. Wrap the dough portions separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Take a small portion of the colored dough and roll it into a ball. Place the ball into the lotus flower cookie mold and press down gently to imprint the lotus flower design.
8. Carefully remove the shaped dough from the mold and place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step with the remaining colored dough.
9. Take a small portion of the plain dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the ball and place it on top of the colored lotus flower shape, covering it completely.
10. Repeat this step with the remaining plain dough and colored lotus flower shapes.
11. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
12. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
13. Once cooled, the lotus flower cookies are ready to be served and enjoyed!
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about lotus flower cookies:
1. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
Yes, you can use margarine as a substitute for butter in this recipe. However, the taste and texture of the cookies may vary slightly.
2. Can I use other types of food coloring?
Yes, you can use any food coloring of your choice to achieve different colored lotus flower cookies.
3. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to a month. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing.
4. Can I use a different cookie mold?
Yes, you can use any cookie mold or cutter that you have available. However, the lotus flower shape adds a unique touch to these cookies.
5. Can I add other flavors to the dough?
Yes, you can add different flavors such as almond extract, lemon zest, or matcha powder to the dough for variation.
6. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
7. Can I use gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour to make these cookies gluten-free.
8. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the dough?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the dough for added texture and flavor.
9. Can I use this recipe to make larger or smaller cookies?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies by using a larger or smaller portion of dough and adjusting the baking time accordingly.
Lotus flower cookies are not only delicious but also a feast for the eyes. With this easy recipe, you can create these beautiful and tasty treats to impress your loved ones on any occasion. Enjoy the process of making these delicate cookies and savor every bite!