Are you looking for a delicious and healthy soup recipe that is low in cholesterol? Look no further! We have the perfect solution for you. In this article, we will share with you the best and easiest low cholesterol soup recipe that is not only nutritious but also incredibly tasty.
Recipe: Low Cholesterol Vegetable Soup
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 1 zucchini, sliced
– 1 cup chopped tomatoes
– 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
2. Add the carrots, celery, zucchini, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour in the low-sodium vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine all the flavors.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth.
6. Return the soup to the pot and reheat if necessary. Adjust seasoning if needed.
7. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot and enjoy!
Now, let’s move on to some common questions you may have about this low cholesterol soup recipe:
1. Can I make this soup ahead of time and store it?
– Yes, you can make this soup ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
2. Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
– Absolutely! Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite vegetables such as spinach, bell peppers, or mushrooms. Just ensure they are low in cholesterol.
3. Can I use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth?
– Yes, you can substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth if you prefer. However, keep in mind that it may slightly alter the flavor of the soup.
4. Is this soup suitable for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet?
– Yes, this soup is perfect for vegans and vegetarians as it contains no animal products.
5. Can I freeze this soup for later use?
– Certainly! Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
6. How can I make this soup heartier?
– If you want a heartier soup, you can add cooked beans, lentils, or whole grains like quinoa or barley to the recipe. Simply add them during step 2 and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
7. Can I adjust the spices to my taste?
– Absolutely! Feel free to adjust the amount of dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper according to your personal preference. Start with the recommended measurements and add more if desired.
With this delicious low cholesterol vegetable soup recipe, you can enjoy a nutritious and flavorful meal that is good for your heart. Give it a try and savor the warmth and goodness of this easy-to-make soup.