Best Easy Martino’s Tea Cake Recipe
If you have a sweet tooth and love indulging in delicious cakes, then Martino’s tea cake is the perfect treat for you. This simple yet delightful recipe will leave you craving for more. With its moist and fluffy texture, it’s hard to resist a slice of this heavenly dessert. Here is the best easy Martino’s tea cake recipe that you can try at home:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 4 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Start and finish with the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Once the cake is completely cooled, you can dust it with powdered sugar or frost it with your favorite frosting.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions about Martino’s tea cake:
1. Can I use self-rising flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use self-rising flour, but remember to omit the baking powder and salt from the recipe.
2. Can I substitute the butter with margarine?
Yes, you can substitute the butter with margarine, but it may slightly alter the taste and texture of the cake.
3. Can I use almond or soy milk instead of regular milk?
Yes, you can use almond or soy milk as a substitute for regular milk. However, it may affect the flavor of the cake slightly.
4. Can I add chocolate chips or nuts to the cake batter?
Absolutely! Feel free to add chocolate chips, nuts, or any other desired mix-ins to the batter for added flavor and texture.
5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake the cake a day in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. Frost it just before serving.
6. Can I freeze the cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
7. What frosting pairs well with Martino’s tea cake?
A simple vanilla buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting complements the flavors of this tea cake perfectly.
8. Can I make this recipe into cupcakes?
Yes, you can convert this recipe into cupcakes. Adjust the baking time to around 18-20 minutes.
9. Can I use this recipe for a layered cake?
Certainly! You can double the recipe and divide the batter evenly into two or three cake pans for a layered cake. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to try this incredible Martino’s tea cake recipe. Enjoy the sweet and delicate flavors of this delightful dessert!