Best Easy Mexican Ceviche Recipe With Clamato
Ceviche is a popular dish in Mexico that is loved for its fresh and tangy flavors. Made with seafood, lime juice, and various vegetables, it is a refreshing and nutritious choice for a summer meal or appetizer. Adding Clamato to the mix gives it an extra zing and enhances the overall taste. Here is the best easy Mexican ceviche recipe with Clamato that you can try at home.
– 1 pound of fresh seafood (shrimp, fish, or a mix)
– 1 cup of Clamato juice
– 1 cup of fresh lime juice
– 1 small red onion, finely chopped
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
– 1 cup of fresh tomatoes, diced
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Tortilla chips for serving
1. Start by cleaning and preparing the seafood. Peel and devein the shrimp, if using, and cut the fish into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a large bowl, combine the Clamato and lime juice. This mixture will act as the marinade for the ceviche.
3. Add the seafood to the marinade and let it sit for about 30 minutes to an hour. The acidity of the lime juice will cook the seafood and give it a tender texture.
4. While the seafood is marinating, prepare the vegetables. Finely chop the red onion, dice the jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, and avocado, and chop the cilantro.
5. Once the seafood has marinated, drain the excess liquid and transfer it to a separate bowl.
6. Add the chopped red onion, jalapeno pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro to the seafood. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
7. Season the ceviche with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
8. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
9. Serve the ceviche chilled with tortilla chips.
Now let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious Mexican ceviche recipe with Clamato:
1. Can I use frozen seafood instead of fresh seafood?
Yes, you can use frozen seafood, but make sure to thaw it completely before marinating.
2. Can I use other citrus juices instead of lime juice?
Lime juice is traditional in Mexican ceviche, but you can experiment with other citrus juices like lemon or orange to add a different twist.
3. Can I add more vegetables to the ceviche?
Absolutely! You can add cucumber, bell peppers, or even mango for a fruity touch. Customize it according to your taste.
4. Can I make ceviche in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the ceviche a few hours ahead of time, but it is best consumed within 24 hours of making it for the freshest flavors.
5. Can I make this recipe without Clamato?
Yes, you can omit the Clamato and use only lime juice for a more traditional ceviche flavor.
6. Can I use cooked seafood instead of raw?
While raw seafood is traditional, you can use pre-cooked shrimp or fish if you prefer. Just reduce the marinating time.
7. How spicy is this ceviche recipe?
The spiciness can be adjusted based on your preference. You can add more or less jalapeno pepper or even include some hot sauce for an extra kick.
8. Can I substitute Clamato with tomato juice?
Yes, you can substitute Clamato with tomato juice. However, Clamato adds a unique flavor and enhances the taste of the ceviche.
9. Can I serve ceviche with something other than tortilla chips?
Yes, you can serve ceviche with tostadas, crackers, or even on a bed of lettuce as a salad.
Enjoy this easy Mexican ceviche recipe with Clamato for a burst of flavors that will transport you to the sunny beaches of Mexico. It’s a perfect dish for summer gatherings or as a light and healthy snack.