Mongolian BBQ is a popular dish that originated in Taiwan and has gained immense popularity worldwide. This unique style of cooking involves grilling various meats, vegetables, and noodles on a hot, flat iron griddle. One of the key elements that sets Mongolian BBQ apart is its flavorful sauce. In this article, we will explore the best and easiest Mongolian BBQ recipe sauce that you can prepare at home.
– 1 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
2. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning according to your preference. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add more brown sugar. If you want it spicier, increase the amount of red pepper flakes.
3. Once the sauce is well mixed, transfer it to a jar or airtight container. Seal the container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
4. When you’re ready to use the sauce, simply pour it over your choice of meats, vegetables, and noodles while grilling on a hot, flat iron griddle. Toss the ingredients together until well coated with the sauce and cook until everything is cooked through and slightly caramelized.
5. Serve the Mongolian BBQ with steamed rice or noodles and enjoy the delicious flavors that this sauce brings to the dish.
Now, let’s move on to some common questions about Mongolian BBQ sauce:
1. Can I make a vegetarian version of this sauce?
Yes, you can easily make a vegetarian version of Mongolian BBQ sauce by substituting the oyster sauce with vegetarian oyster sauce or mushroom sauce.
2. How long can I store this sauce?
This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
3. Can I freeze the sauce?
Yes, you can freeze the Mongolian BBQ sauce for later use. Transfer it to a freezer-safe container and store it for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before using.
4. Can I adjust the spiciness of the sauce?
Absolutely! If you prefer a spicier sauce, increase the amount of red pepper flakes. You can also add a dash of hot sauce or chili paste to amp up the heat.
5. Can I use this sauce for other dishes?
Certainly! This sauce can be used as a marinade for grilled meats, as a dipping sauce for dumplings or spring rolls, or even as a stir-fry sauce for noodles or vegetables.
6. Can I substitute any ingredients in the sauce?
Feel free to experiment and substitute ingredients based on your taste preferences. However, keep in mind that it may alter the authentic flavors of Mongolian BBQ.
7. Is this sauce gluten-free?
Unfortunately, this particular recipe contains soy sauce, which usually contains gluten. However, you can find gluten-free soy sauce alternatives in most grocery stores and use them instead.
Mongolian BBQ is a delicious and versatile dish that you can easily recreate at home. With this easy Mongolian BBQ sauce recipe, you can enjoy the authentic flavors of this popular dish whenever you desire.