Monkey bread is a delicious and indulgent treat that is perfect for breakfast or dessert. Traditionally made in a bundt pan, this sweet and sticky bread is a crowd-pleaser. However, if you don’t have a bundt pan or simply want to try something different, there are alternative ways to make monkey bread. In this article, we will share with you the best easy monkey bread recipe that doesn’t require a bundt pan.
– 2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough
– 1 cup of granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
– Optional: nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips for added flavor
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large Ziploc bag, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Shake to mix well.
3. Open the cans of biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters.
4. Place the biscuit pieces into the Ziploc bag with the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Seal the bag and shake it gently to coat the dough evenly.
5. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
6. Pour half of the melted butter-sugar mixture into the greased baking dish.
7. Arrange the coated biscuit pieces in a single layer over the melted butter-sugar mixture in the baking dish. If desired, sprinkle nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips between the layers of dough.
8. Pour the remaining melted butter-sugar mixture over the top of the biscuit pieces.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and cooked through.
10. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Be cautious as the caramelized sugar can be very hot.
Now, let’s move on to the questions and answers section:
1. Can I use homemade biscuit dough instead of refrigerated dough?
Yes, you can definitely use homemade biscuit dough if you prefer. Just make sure to cut it into small pieces and follow the rest of the recipe as instructed.
2. Can I make monkey bread in a different pan?
Yes, you can use any oven-safe dish you have on hand, such as a casserole dish or a baking pan. Just adjust the baking time accordingly, as different pans may heat differently.
3. Can I make monkey bread without cinnamon?
While cinnamon is a classic ingredient in monkey bread, you can certainly omit it if you don’t like the flavor. You can replace it with other spices like nutmeg or cardamom, or simply leave it out for a plain dough flavor.
4. Can I freeze monkey bread?
Yes, you can freeze monkey bread. After it has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven before serving.
5. Can I use a sugar substitute in this recipe?
Yes, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ slightly from the original recipe.
6. Can I make monkey bread without butter?
While butter adds richness and flavor to the monkey bread, you can substitute it with margarine or vegetable oil if desired. However, the taste and texture will be slightly different.
7. Can I add a glaze on top of the monkey bread?
Absolutely! To make a simple glaze, mix powdered sugar with a little milk or water until you achieve a smooth consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the monkey bread after it has cooled slightly.