Best Easy Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies and love a little extra something, then you’re in for a treat! Monster chocolate chip cookies are a delicious twist on the classic recipe, loaded with additional goodies like M&M’s and oats. This easy recipe is perfect for any occasion and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s dive into making these mouthwatering treats!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup packed brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups chocolate chips
– 1 cup quick oats
– 1 cup M&M’s candies
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips, quick oats, and M&M’s until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will set as the cookies cool.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about these delightful monster chocolate chip cookies!
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can, but remember to reduce the amount of added salt in the recipe.
2. Can I replace the M&M’s with other candies?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different candy options like chopped Reese’s Pieces or even mini peanut butter cups.
3. Can I use old-fashioned oats instead of quick oats?
Yes, you can substitute old-fashioned oats for quick oats in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture of the cookies may be slightly different.
4. Can I freeze the dough for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough by shaping it into balls and placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag and store for up to three months. When you’re ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls onto a baking sheet and follow the baking instructions, adding a couple of extra minutes.
5. Can I make smaller cookies?
Of course! Adjust the size of the dough portions to your preference, but remember to reduce the baking time accordingly.
6. Can I substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can substitute whole wheat flour for a portion of the all-purpose flour. However, using 100% whole wheat flour may result in a denser cookie.
7. How should I store these cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies and thaw them as needed.
8. Can I add nuts to these cookies?
Absolutely! Chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans can be a delicious addition to these monster cookies. Simply fold them in along with the other mix-ins.
9. Can I use a gluten-free flour blend?
Yes! Many gluten-free flour blends work well in cookie recipes. Follow the instructions on the package for proper substitution measurements.
Enjoy these monster chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk or share them with friends and family. The combination of chocolate chips, M&M’s, and oats is a match made in cookie heaven!