Morton’s Steakhouse is renowned for its delicious and mouthwatering steaks, but one dish that often steals the show is their delectable creamed corn. Creamy, rich, and bursting with flavors, this side dish is the perfect accompaniment to any meal. Luckily, you can recreate this delightful dish at home with this easy Morton’s Steakhouse creamed corn recipe.
– 4 cups fresh corn kernels
– 1 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup whole milk
– 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the corn kernels to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, until they are tender.
3. In a separate saucepan, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, flour, sugar, salt, and white pepper until well combined.
4. Pour the cream mixture over the cooked corn in the skillet.
5. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer.
6. Reduce the heat to low and let the corn mixture cook for about 10 minutes, or until it thickens and becomes creamy.
7. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the creamed corn cool for a few minutes before serving.
This easy Morton’s Steakhouse creamed corn recipe is sure to impress your guests. The sweet and tender corn kernels are perfectly complemented by the rich and creamy sauce. It is a comfort food at its finest, and it pairs exceptionally well with a juicy steak or grilled chicken.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this mouthwatering creamed corn recipe:
1. Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh corn?
Yes, you can use frozen corn if fresh corn is not available. Just make sure to thaw and drain the frozen corn before using it in the recipe.
2. Can I use half-and-half instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream if you prefer a lighter version of the creamed corn. However, keep in mind that the result may not be as rich and creamy.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the creamed corn ahead of time and reheat it before serving. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
4. Can I add other ingredients to the creamed corn?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize the recipe by adding ingredients like diced bell peppers, jalapenos, or even bacon for an extra flavor boost.
5. Can I use a different type of pepper instead of white pepper?
Yes, you can use black pepper instead of white pepper if you prefer. Just keep in mind that black pepper may give the creamed corn a slightly different flavor.
6. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of this creamed corn by substituting the heavy cream and milk with plant-based alternatives like coconut milk or almond milk. Also, use vegan butter instead of regular butter.
7. Can I freeze the creamed corn?
It is not recommended to freeze creamed corn as the texture may change upon thawing and reheating.
8. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe yields about 6 servings.
9. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or even triple the recipe if you need to serve more people. Just adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly.
With this easy Morton’s Steakhouse creamed corn recipe, you can create a restaurant-quality side dish right in your own kitchen. So, grab some fresh corn and get ready to indulge in a creamy and flavorful delight that will leave everyone asking for seconds.