Best Easy No Salt Chili Recipe
Chili is a classic comfort food that is loved by many. However, for those who are watching their salt intake or have dietary restrictions, finding a no salt chili recipe can be a challenge. But fear not, because we have the perfect solution for you! This best easy no salt chili recipe is not only delicious but also simple to make. Let’s dive into the details.
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added tomato sauce
– 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
– Salt-free seasoning blend (to taste)
– Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
2. Add the chopped onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and kidney beans. Mix well.
4. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper (if desired) to the pot. Stir to evenly distribute the spices.
5. Season with salt-free seasoning blend and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
Now, let’s address some common questions related to this recipe:
1. Can I substitute ground beef with another protein?
Absolutely! You can use ground turkey, chicken, or even a plant-based meat substitute like textured vegetable protein (TVP).
2. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?
Of course! If you have fresh tomatoes on hand, feel free to chop them up and use them instead. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
3. I like my chili spicier. Can I add more cayenne pepper?
Certainly! Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper according to your taste preferences. Remember, a little goes a long way, so start with a small amount and add more if desired.
4. Can I add other vegetables to the chili?
Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite vegetables like corn, carrots, or zucchini to the recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different vegetables may require different cooking times.
5. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Definitely! Simply brown the ground beef and sauté the vegetables before transferring everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
6. How long can I store leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze the chili for longer storage, up to 3 months.
7. Can I double or halve this recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe is easily scalable. Adjust the ingredients accordingly to make more or less chili.
So there you have it – the best easy no salt chili recipe that is not only delicious but also suitable for those watching their sodium intake. Enjoy this hearty and flavorful dish without compromising your dietary needs!