Nordstrom Lemon Ricotta Cookies have gained immense popularity for their tangy flavor and soft texture. These delectable treats are perfect for any occasion and are incredibly easy to make. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
To make these delightful lemon ricotta cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Mix in the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until well combined.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have the recipe for these delectable Nordstrom Lemon Ricotta Cookies, here are some frequently asked questions to help you perfect your baking skills:
1. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe as it provides the optimal flavor and texture. Margarine may alter the taste and consistency of the cookies.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for all-purpose flour. However, the texture and taste of the cookies may differ slightly.
3. Can I freeze the cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to three months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing.
4. Can I use store-bought ricotta cheese?
Store-bought ricotta cheese works perfectly fine for this recipe. However, homemade ricotta can add an extra level of freshness and flavor.
5. Can I substitute the lemon juice with lemon extract?
Lemon juice adds a fresh and tangy flavor to the cookies. While lemon extract can be used as a substitute, it may alter the taste slightly.
6. How can I store these cookies?
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. They also freeze well if you want to enjoy them later.
7. Can I add other flavors to the cookies, such as chocolate chips or nuts?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize the cookies by adding your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even dried cranberries.
8. Can I use lime instead of lemon?
Yes, you can substitute lime juice and zest for a refreshing twist. Lime ricotta cookies are equally delicious and tangy.
9. Can I make these cookies smaller or larger in size?
Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies to your preference. Just keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the size.
With this easy and delicious Nordstrom Lemon Ricotta Cookies recipe, you can now impress your friends and family with a batch of delightful treats. Enjoy the zesty flavors and the soft, melt-in-your-mouth texture of these delectable cookies.