Best Easy Oaxaca Cheese Dip Recipe
Oaxaca cheese dip, also known as queso fundido, is a delicious Mexican appetizer that is perfect for any gathering or party. This creamy and flavorful dip is made with Oaxaca cheese, a semi-soft cheese that melts beautifully, and is typically served with tortilla chips or warm bread for dipping. If you are looking for a simple and tasty recipe to impress your guests, look no further! Here is the best easy Oaxaca cheese dip recipe.
– 2 cups Oaxaca cheese, shredded
– 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
– 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
– 1 tomato, seeded and diced
– 1/2 cup milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the vegetables are tender.
2. Add the diced tomato to the skillet and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce the heat to low and gradually add the shredded Oaxaca, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack cheeses to the skillet, stirring constantly until melted and well combined.
4. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring continuously until the dip reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. If the dip becomes too thick, you can add more milk as needed.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and continue to stir until well incorporated.
6. Transfer the cheese dip to a serving bowl or a warm fondue pot, and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
7. Serve the Oaxaca cheese dip hot with tortilla chips or warm bread for dipping.
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about this delicious Oaxaca cheese dip recipe:
1. Can I use other types of cheese instead of Oaxaca cheese?
Yes, you can substitute Oaxaca cheese with other melting cheeses such as mozzarella or provolone. However, Oaxaca cheese gives the dip its authentic flavor and stringy texture.
2. Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dip ahead of time and refrigerate it. When you are ready to serve, reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop until warm and creamy.
3. Can I add meat or vegetables to the dip?
Certainly! You can add cooked chorizo, diced bell peppers, or even roasted corn to the dip for extra flavor and texture.
4. Can I make this dip spicy?
If you prefer a spicier dip, you can leave the seeds in the jalapeno pepper or add a pinch of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
5. How long can I keep the leftover dip?
The leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it before serving.
6. Can I freeze the cheese dip?
It is not recommended to freeze this cheese dip, as the texture and consistency may change after thawing.
7. What are some other serving suggestions for this cheese dip?
In addition to tortilla chips and warm bread, you can serve this dip with sliced vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, or celery.
Enjoy this easy and delicious Oaxaca cheese dip recipe at your next gathering or party. It is sure to be a hit with all your guests!