Best Easy Ole Smoky Moonshine Apple Pie Recipe
Moonshine has always been associated with a bit of mystery and a lot of flavor. And when you combine it with the classic American dessert, apple pie, you get a truly delightful treat. The Ole Smoky Moonshine Apple Pie recipe is a perfect combination of sweet apples, warm spices, and a kick of moonshine. It’s easy to make and will be a hit at any gathering. So, let’s dive into this delicious recipe!
– 2 refrigerated pie crusts
– 6 cups of peeled, cored, and thinly sliced apples
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup of Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine
– 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
– 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
– 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Place one pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flour, and Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Pour the apple mixture into the pie pan, spreading it out evenly.
5. Dot the top of the apple mixture with the small pieces of unsalted butter.
6. Place the second pie crust over the apple mixture, and seal the edges by crimping the two crusts together.
7. Cut several slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
8. Brush the top crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
9. Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
10. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about this delicious apple pie:
Q1: Can I use homemade pie crust instead of refrigerated pie crusts?
A1: Absolutely! Homemade pie crusts will add a personal touch to your pie. Just make sure to follow your favorite pie crust recipe.
Q2: Can I use different types of apples?
A2: Yes! Feel free to mix and match apple varieties to achieve the desired flavor and texture. Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Jonathan apples work well in this recipe.
Q3: Can I substitute the moonshine with another alcohol?
A3: While the moonshine adds a unique flavor, you can substitute it with apple cider or apple juice if you prefer a non-alcoholic version.
Q4: Can I freeze the pie?
A4: Yes, you can freeze the pie before baking. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to bake, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and follow the baking instructions.
Q5: Can I add other spices to the filling?
A5: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with spices like cloves, ginger, or allspice to enhance the flavor profile.
Q6: Can I serve the pie warm?
A6: Yes, warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a classic combination. Just make sure to let it cool for a bit before serving.
Q7: Can I make individual-sized pies instead of one large pie?
A7: Yes! You can use a muffin tin or individual pie dishes to make mini apple pies. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Now that you have all the information, go ahead and try this Best Easy Ole Smoky Moonshine Apple Pie recipe. It’s a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone wanting more. Enjoy!