Best Easy Olive Tapenade Hummus Recipe
Hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dip made from chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and various seasonings. It is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Adding a twist to this classic dish, we bring you the best easy olive tapenade hummus recipe.
Olive tapenade is a flavorful mixture of olives, capers, garlic, and olive oil. Combining this savory delight with hummus creates a unique and irresistible blend of flavors. This recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare and will impress your guests at any gathering.
– 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 2 tablespoons of tahini
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
– 1 tablespoon of capers
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and minced garlic. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add the Kalamata olives, capers, salt, and black pepper to the food processor. Pulse a few times to combine, leaving some texture for added depth of flavor.
3. Taste the hummus and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add more salt or pepper according to your preference.
4. Transfer the olive tapenade hummus to a serving bowl.
5. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
6. Serve with pita bread, crackers, or fresh vegetables for dipping.
This olive tapenade hummus is a versatile dip that can be enjoyed in various ways. Spread it on your favorite sandwiches or wraps for a burst of flavor. It also makes a great topping for bruschetta or a delicious accompaniment to grilled meats and vegetables.
Now, let’s move on to some common questions about this delightful recipe:
Q1: Can I use a different type of olive for this hummus?
A1: Absolutely! While Kalamata olives bring a unique flavor, you can experiment with different types of olives to suit your taste.
Q2: Can I make this hummus without tahini?
A2: Yes, you can omit tahini if you don’t have it on hand. The hummus will still be delicious, but the texture and taste may vary slightly.
Q3: How long can I store this olive tapenade hummus?
A3: It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Q4: Can I freeze this hummus?
A4: Yes, you can freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Q5: Can I substitute canned chickpeas with dried ones?
A5: Yes, you can use dried chickpeas. Soak them overnight, then cook until tender before using in the recipe.
Q6: Can I adjust the amount of garlic?
A6: Absolutely! If you prefer a milder garlic flavor, reduce the amount of garlic or omit it altogether.
Q7: Is this hummus gluten-free?
A7: Yes, this recipe is gluten-free, as long as you use gluten-free tahini and check the labels of your other ingredients.
Q8: Can I add additional spices or herbs?
A8: Feel free to experiment with your favorite spices or herbs to customize the flavors of this hummus.
Q9: Can I make a larger batch for a party?
A9: Definitely! Simply double or triple the ingredients to accommodate a larger gathering.
Enjoy this delicious olive tapenade hummus as a delightful appetizer or snack. Its rich, tangy flavors will leave you craving more.