Best Easy Outback Steakhouse Over the Top Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Brussel sprouts are often overlooked when it comes to vegetable choices, but this recipe from Outback Steakhouse will change your mind. These over the top Brussel sprouts are incredibly delicious, easy to make, and will have everyone asking for seconds.
– 1 pound Brussel sprouts
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Trim the ends off the Brussel sprouts and remove any discolored outer leaves. Cut the sprouts in half.
3. In a large bowl, toss the Brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper until well coated.
4. Spread the Brussel sprouts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Roast the Brussel sprouts in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
6. Remove the Brussel sprouts from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish.
7. Sprinkle the cooked and crumbled bacon over the Brussel sprouts.
8. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top of the Brussel sprouts.
9. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the dish.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about this delicious dish:
1. Can I use frozen Brussel sprouts instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen Brussel sprouts if fresh ones are not available. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before tossing them in olive oil.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can substitute Parmesan cheese with any other hard cheese like Romano or Asiago. However, the distinct flavor of Parmesan complements the Brussel sprouts perfectly.
3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Certainly! Just omit the bacon from the recipe, and you will still have a delicious dish. You can add some roasted pine nuts or toasted breadcrumbs for an extra crunch.
4. How do I make balsamic glaze?
To make balsamic glaze, simmer 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over low heat until it thickens and reduces by half. Let it cool before using it in the recipe.
5. Can I prepare this dish ahead of time?
While the Brussel sprouts taste best when served immediately, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time. Roast the Brussel sprouts and cook the bacon in advance. When ready to serve, reheat the Brussel sprouts in the oven, sprinkle bacon, drizzle balsamic glaze, and add Parmesan cheese.
6. What are some other serving suggestions for this dish?
These Brussel sprouts make a fantastic side dish for grilled steak, roasted chicken, or baked salmon. You can also serve them as an appetizer or a snack.
7. How long will the leftovers last?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven or on the stovetop before serving.
In conclusion, this Best Easy Outback Steakhouse Over the Top Brussel Sprouts Recipe will elevate your vegetable game and impress your family and friends. Give it a try and enjoy the flavorful combination of roasted Brussel sprouts, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and balsamic glaze.