Best Easy Panera Bread Brownie Recipe
Panera Bread is known for its delicious baked goods, and their brownies are no exception. If you’re a fan of their rich, fudgy brownies, you’ll be delighted to know that you can recreate them at home with this easy Panera Bread brownie recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can enjoy these decadent treats in the comfort of your own kitchen.
– 1 cup unsalted butter
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Stir until well combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
10. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the baking dish before cutting into squares.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some commonly asked questions about Panera Bread brownies:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe to compensate for the additional saltiness.
2. Can I use a different type of chocolate?
While semisweet chocolate chips are traditional in brownie recipes, you can experiment with different types of chocolate to suit your taste preferences. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate can be used as alternatives.
3. Can I add nuts to the brownie batter?
Absolutely! If you enjoy the crunch and flavor of nuts in your brownies, feel free to add chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds to the batter.
4. Can I use a different size baking dish?
If you prefer thicker brownies, you can use a smaller baking dish, such as an 8×8-inch square pan. Keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
5. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you can double the recipe if you’re feeding a larger crowd or want to have extra brownies on hand. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly.
6. Can I freeze the brownies?
Yes, you can freeze the brownies for up to three months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
7. Can I add chocolate frosting to the brownies?
While Panera Bread’s brownies are typically served plain, you can certainly top them with chocolate frosting if you prefer a sweeter and more indulgent treat.
8. How long do the brownies stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, the brownies should stay fresh for up to five days.
9. Can I substitute gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend as a substitute. Just make sure it is specifically designed for baking. The texture may vary slightly, but the taste should still be delicious.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get baking! Enjoy these mouthwatering Panera Bread brownies right at home.