If you’re a fan of Panera Bread’s Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread, you’ll be delighted to know that you can recreate this delicious dish at home with just a few simple ingredients. This easy recipe allows you to enjoy the flavors of Mediterranean cuisine in the comfort of your own kitchen. So, let’s dive into the details and learn how to make the best Panera Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread!
– 1 pre-made flatbread or pizza dough
– 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
– 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1/4 cup diced red onion
– 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
– 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the flatbread or pizza dough on a baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Brush the olive oil mixture evenly over the flatbread or pizza dough.
5. Spread the shredded chicken evenly over the flatbread.
6. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese, diced red onion, sliced Kalamata olives, diced tomatoes, and chopped fresh parsley over the chicken.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the flatbread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing.
9. Serve warm and enjoy!
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about this delectable Panera Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread recipe:
Q1: Can I use store-bought pizza dough instead of pre-made flatbread?
A1: Yes, you can use store-bought pizza dough as a substitute. Just roll it out to your desired thickness before following the recipe.
Q2: Can I use any other type of cheese instead of feta?
A2: While feta cheese adds a distinct flavor to this recipe, you can substitute it with other crumbled cheeses like goat cheese or even mozzarella.
Q3: Can I add other toppings to the flatbread?
A3: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different toppings like roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, or even fresh spinach.
Q4: Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
A4: Yes, simply omit the chicken and increase the amounts of other toppings like cheese and vegetables.
Q5: Can I make the flatbread ahead of time?
A5: The flatbread is best enjoyed fresh, but you can prepare the toppings in advance and assemble them just before baking.
Q6: Can I freeze the leftover flatbread?
A6: It is not recommended to freeze the cooked flatbread as it may become soggy upon reheating. It’s best to enjoy it fresh.
Q7: Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?
A7: Yes, you can use grilled shrimp, sliced steak, or even falafel as a substitute for the chicken.
Q8: Can I make a gluten-free version of this flatbread?
A8: Absolutely! Look for pre-made gluten-free flatbread or pizza dough, and ensure that all the toppings you use are gluten-free as well.
Q9: What can I serve with this flatbread?
A9: This Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread pairs well with a side salad, some tzatziki sauce, or even a cup of soup for a complete meal.
Now that you have the recipe and answers to some common questions, it’s time to get cooking! Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean with this easy Panera Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread recipe.