Patti LaBelle is not only an iconic singer but also an amazing cook, and her chili recipe is no exception. This flavorful and delicious dish has become a favorite among many food enthusiasts. If you’re looking for an easy and comforting chili recipe that will impress your friends and family, look no further. Here is the best easy Patti LaBelle chili recipe that will leave everyone wanting more.
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
– 2 cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 1 tablespoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for heat)
– Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Break it up into small pieces as it cooks.
2. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are softened and the beef is fully cooked.
3. Drain any excess fat from the pot.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir well to combine.
5. Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
7. Serve the chili hot, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions if desired.
Now, let’s address some common questions about Patti LaBelle’s chili recipe:
Q1: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
A1: Yes, you can absolutely substitute ground turkey for the ground beef if you prefer a leaner option. The flavors will still be delicious.
Q2: Can I make this chili in a slow cooker?
A2: Definitely! After browning the meat and cooking the vegetables, transfer everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Q3: How can I make this chili vegetarian?
A3: Simply omit the ground beef and add more vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, or corn. You can also use plant-based meat substitutes if desired.
Q4: Is this chili spicy?
A4: The chili powder adds some mild heat, but it’s not overly spicy. If you prefer more heat, increase the amount of chili powder or add cayenne pepper to taste.
Q5: Can I freeze the leftovers?
A5: Absolutely! This chili freezes well and can be enjoyed later. Just let it cool completely, transfer to airtight containers, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Q6: Can I use different beans?
A6: Yes, feel free to use your favorite beans or a combination. Black beans or pinto beans work well in this recipe.
Q7: Can I make this chili ahead of time?
A7: Yes, this chili actually tastes even better the next day as the flavors continue to develop. Prepare it in advance and reheat it when ready to serve.
Patti LaBelle’s chili recipe is a crowd-pleaser that will keep you warm and satisfied. Give it a try and enjoy the delicious flavors that this easy recipe offers.