Looking for a delicious and protein-packed vegetarian burger recipe? Look no further than this simple and tasty Pea Protein Burger! Packed with plant-based goodness, this recipe is not only easy to make but also a great option for those looking to add more protein to their diet. Let’s dive into the recipe and then explore some commonly asked questions about it.
– 1 cup cooked peas
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1/2 cup bread crumbs
– 1/4 cup chopped onions
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons pea protein powder
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Burger buns and toppings of your choice
1. In a large bowl, mash the cooked peas until they form a slightly chunky paste.
2. Add the cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, onions, garlic, pea protein powder, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
3. Shape the mixture into patties of your desired size and thickness.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil.
5. Cook the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
6. Toast the burger buns and assemble the burgers with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, avocado, and sauce.
7. Serve the pea protein burgers hot and enjoy!
Now, let’s address some commonly asked questions about this delicious pea protein burger recipe:
1. Can I use frozen peas instead of fresh ones?
Yes, frozen peas work perfectly fine. Just make sure to thaw them before mashing.
2. Can I substitute quinoa with another grain?
Absolutely! If you prefer a different grain, you can use cooked rice, oats, or even lentils instead of quinoa.
3. Where can I find pea protein powder?
Pea protein powder is commonly available in health food stores, online retailers, or even some grocery stores. Look for a brand that offers pure pea protein without any additional additives.
4. Can I freeze these patties for later use?
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked patties. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze until firm, then transfer them to a freezer bag. They can be stored for up to 3 months. To cook, simply thaw and follow the cooking instructions in step 5.
5. Are these burgers suitable for vegans?
Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly as it does not contain any animal products.
6. Can I grill these burgers instead of pan-frying them?
Absolutely! These burgers can be grilled on a barbecue or stovetop grill pan for a smoky flavor.
7. Are these burgers gluten-free?
The recipe as written contains bread crumbs, which may not be gluten-free. However, you can easily substitute gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers to make the recipe gluten-free.
In conclusion, this simple and flavorful pea protein burger recipe is a fantastic option for those seeking a tasty and protein-packed vegetarian meal. With its easy preparation and versatile ingredients, it’s a great addition to any plant-based diet. Enjoy these delicious burgers while satisfying your protein needs!