Best Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe With Pie Crust and Canned Peaches
Peach cobbler is a classic dessert that perfectly captures the flavors of summer. With its sweet and juicy peaches and buttery crust, it’s hard to resist a warm serving of this delicious treat. If you’re looking for an easy and foolproof recipe that will satisfy your peach cravings, then this recipe with pie crust and canned peaches is just what you need!
– 2 cans of sliced peaches in syrup
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Drain the canned peaches, reserving the syrup.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until the batter is smooth and well combined.
4. Unroll one pie crust and press it into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, covering the entire surface.
5. Pour the batter over the crust, spreading it evenly.
6. Arrange the sliced peaches on top of the batter, distributing them evenly.
7. Unroll the second pie crust and cut it into strips or shapes to create a lattice pattern on top of the peaches.
8. Brush the crust with a little bit of melted butter and sprinkle with sugar for a golden and crispy finish.
9. Bake the peach cobbler in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.
10. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this mouthwatering peach cobbler recipe:
1. Can I use fresh peaches instead of canned?
Yes, you can absolutely use fresh peaches in this recipe. Just make sure to peel and slice them before adding them to the batter.
2. Can I use store-bought pie crusts?
Yes, you can use store-bought refrigerated pie crusts to save time. However, if you prefer homemade crusts, feel free to make them from scratch.
3. Can I use other fruits instead of peaches?
While this recipe is specifically for peach cobbler, you can experiment with other fruits like apples, berries, or cherries. Adjust the sugar and spices accordingly to complement each fruit’s flavor.
4. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze any leftover peach cobbler. Let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
5. Can I make this recipe without the cinnamon and nutmeg?
Yes, if you’re not a fan of these spices or don’t have them on hand, you can omit them from the recipe. The cobbler will still be delicious.
6. Can I use a different size baking dish?
Yes, you can use a different size baking dish, but keep in mind that the baking time may vary. Adjust the baking time accordingly and keep an eye on the cobbler to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
7. Can I use a different type of sugar?
Yes, you can use different types of sugar like brown sugar or coconut sugar. Keep in mind that it may slightly alter the flavor and texture of the cobbler.
There you have it! A fantastic and easy peach cobbler recipe that will surely become a family favorite. Enjoy the delightful combination of sweet peaches and buttery crust in every bite.