Publix is a popular supermarket chain known for its wide variety of quality products. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious chili recipe, Publix has you covered with their flavorful taco chili. Packed with Mexican-inspired ingredients, this dish is perfect for satisfying your craving for a hearty and comforting meal. Let’s dive into the steps to make this mouthwatering Publix taco chili recipe.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 1 green bell pepper, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
– 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
– 1 cup frozen corn
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, sliced jalapeños, tortilla chips
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
2. Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
3. Stir in the taco seasoning mix, ensuring that the meat and vegetables are evenly coated.
4. Add the drained and rinsed black beans, kidney beans, and pinto beans to the pot.
5. Pour in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
6. Bring the chili to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it cook for about 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
7. Stir in the frozen corn and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Remove the pot from the heat and let the chili sit for a few minutes before serving.
9. Ladle the taco chili into bowls and garnish with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions, sliced jalapeños, or tortilla chips.
Now that you know how to make this delicious Publix taco chili, let’s answer some common questions that may arise.
1. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Absolutely! Ground turkey is a great alternative if you prefer a leaner option or want to switch things up.
2. Are the beans necessary?
The beans add texture and flavor to the chili, but you can omit them if you’re not a fan. You can replace them with additional vegetables or protein of your choice.
3. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can easily adapt this recipe for a slow cooker. Brown the ground beef, sauté the vegetables, and then transfer everything to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
4. How long does this chili keep in the fridge?
Properly stored in an airtight container, this chili can last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! This chili freezes well. Allow it to cool completely, then transfer it to freezer-safe containers or bags. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
6. Can I make this chili vegetarian?
Yes, simply omit the ground beef and replace it with your favorite plant-based protein substitute or increase the amount of beans and vegetables.
7. Can I adjust the spiciness of the chili?
Certainly! If you prefer a milder chili, reduce the amount of taco seasoning or omit the jalapeños. On the other hand, if you like it spicy, add additional chili powder or hot sauce to suit your taste.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to head to Publix and gather the ingredients for this delicious taco chili recipe. Enjoy the flavors of Mexico in this easy and satisfying dish!