Best Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Walnuts
Pumpkin bread is a delightful treat that perfectly captures the essence of fall. The warm spices and rich pumpkin flavor make it a favorite among many. This recipe takes the classic pumpkin bread and adds a crunchy twist with the addition of walnuts. It is incredibly easy to make and will surely become a household favorite.
– 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon ground cloves
– ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– ½ cup packed light brown sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until smooth.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
7. Fold in the chopped walnuts, reserving a few for topping if desired.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
9. If desired, sprinkle the reserved walnuts on top of the batter.
10. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have baked a delicious pumpkin bread with walnuts, let’s answer some common questions:
1. Can I use canned pumpkin puree for this recipe?
Yes, canned pumpkin puree works perfectly fine in this recipe. However, make sure it is pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
2. Can I substitute the walnuts with another nut?
Absolutely! If you prefer a different nut or have allergies, feel free to substitute walnuts with pecans, almonds, or even omit them altogether.
3. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may slightly differ.
4. Can I freeze the pumpkin bread?
Yes, this pumpkin bread freezes well. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
5. How long does the pumpkin bread stay fresh?
The pumpkin bread will stay fresh for up to 4-5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
6. Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe?
Certainly! Adding chocolate chips to the batter would be a delicious variation.
7. Can I make muffins instead of a loaf?
Absolutely! Simply divide the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Now that you have all the information and answers to your questions, it’s time to enjoy a slice of this delectable and easy pumpkin bread with walnuts. Happy baking!