Banana pudding is a classic American dessert that is loved by people of all ages. It is a delicious combination of creamy pudding, fresh bananas, and crunchy Nilla wafers. The best part is that it is incredibly easy and quick to make, making it a perfect choice for a last-minute dessert. In this article, we will share the best easy quick banana pudding recipe using Nilla wafers.
– 2 cups of milk
– 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix
– 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
– 2 cups of whipped cream
– 4 ripe bananas, sliced
– 1 box of Nilla wafers
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk and instant vanilla pudding mix. Whisk until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk to the pudding mixture and continue whisking until well combined.
3. Gently fold in the whipped cream until the mixture is creamy and well incorporated.
4. Line the bottom of a serving dish with a layer of Nilla wafers.
5. Top the wafers with a layer of sliced bananas.
6. Pour a layer of the pudding mixture over the bananas and spread it evenly.
7. Repeat the layers of Nilla wafers, bananas, and pudding until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of pudding on top.
8. Crush a few Nilla wafers and sprinkle them on top for added crunch and decoration.
9. Refrigerate the banana pudding for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld together and the pudding to set.
10. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about this delicious banana pudding recipe:
Q1. Can I use homemade pudding instead of instant pudding mix?
A1. Yes, you can use homemade pudding if you prefer. However, using instant pudding mix saves time and effort.
Q2. Can I use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones?
A2. It is best to use fresh ripe bananas for the perfect flavor and texture. Frozen bananas tend to become mushy and may affect the overall consistency of the pudding.
Q3. Can I substitute Nilla wafers with any other cookie?
A3. While Nilla wafers are traditionally used in banana pudding, you can substitute them with other vanilla-flavored cookies if desired.
Q4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A4. Yes, you can make the banana pudding a day in advance and refrigerate it. Just make sure to add the Nilla wafer topping just before serving to maintain their crunchiness.
Q5. Can I use whipped topping instead of whipped cream?
A5. Yes, you can use whipped topping as a substitute for whipped cream if you prefer.
Q6. Is this recipe suitable for people with lactose intolerance?
A6. Unfortunately, this recipe contains milk and sweetened condensed milk, which may not be suitable for individuals with lactose intolerance. However, you can explore dairy-free alternatives such as almond milk and coconut milk-based products.
Q7. Can I add other fruits to the banana pudding?
A7. Yes, you can experiment with adding other fruits like strawberries or blueberries for a twist in flavor.
Q8. How long can I store the leftover banana pudding?
A8. The leftover banana pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, keep in mind that the Nilla wafers may become soggy over time.
Q9. Can I use a different flavor of pudding mix?
A9. While vanilla pudding is the classic choice for banana pudding, you can experiment with other flavors like banana cream or caramel for a unique twist.
In conclusion, this easy quick banana pudding recipe with Nilla wafers is a crowd-pleasing dessert that requires minimal effort. With its creamy texture, sweet bananas, and delightful crunch of Nilla wafers, it is sure to become a family favorite. So, gather your ingredients and indulge in this delicious treat today!