Best Easy Recipe for Longhorn Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a versatile and delicious ingredient that can elevate any dish. If you’re looking for a simple yet impressive appetizer, Longhorn stuffed mushrooms are the perfect choice. This recipe combines the earthy flavors of mushrooms with the richness of Longhorn cheese, resulting in a mouthwatering treat that will leave your guests wanting more. Here’s how to make this delectable dish.
– 16 large white mushrooms
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 cup Longhorn cheese, shredded
– 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Clean the mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp cloth. Remove the stems and set them aside.
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, sautéing until they become translucent and fragrant.
4. Finely chop the mushroom stems and add them to the skillet. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until they soften.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the onion, garlic, and mushroom mixture to a bowl. Let it cool for a few minutes.
6. To the bowl, add the breadcrumbs, shredded Longhorn cheese, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
7. Take each mushroom cap and fill it generously with the stuffing mixture, pressing it down slightly.
8. Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender.
9. Once cooked, remove the mushrooms from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now that you have the recipe, it’s time to dive into some commonly asked questions about Longhorn stuffed mushrooms:
1. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?
Certainly! While Longhorn cheese adds a unique flavor, you can substitute it with any cheese of your choice, such as cheddar or mozzarella.
2. Can I prepare these stuffed mushrooms in advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare the mushrooms ahead of time, cover them, and refrigerate until ready to bake. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.
3. Are these mushrooms suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, this recipe is vegetarian-friendly, as it doesn’t include any meat or animal-based ingredients.
4. Can I add other ingredients to the stuffing mixture?
Certainly! Feel free to customize the stuffing by adding ingredients like cooked bacon, spinach, or even finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor.
5. Can I freeze these stuffed mushrooms?
While it’s possible to freeze them, the texture of the mushrooms may change slightly upon thawing. It’s best to enjoy them fresh for the best taste and texture.
6. What can I serve these stuffed mushrooms with?
These mushrooms make a great appetizer on their own. However, you can also serve them with a side of marinara sauce or a drizzle of balsamic reduction for added tanginess.
7. How long can I store any leftover mushrooms?
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.
Longhorn stuffed mushrooms are a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is sure to impress your guests. With their rich and savory flavors, they are perfect for any occasion. So, give this easy recipe a try and enjoy the deliciousness of these stuffed mushrooms!