Title: The Best Easy Recipe for Shotgun Shells in the Oven
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious meal that will leave your taste buds satisfied, look no further than shotgun shells in the oven. This simple recipe combines the flavors of pasta, cheese, and seasoning to create a mouthwatering dish that is sure to please the whole family. With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you can whip up a comforting and filling meal in no time.
– 1 box of shotgun shells pasta
– 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup of ricotta cheese
– 1 cup of marinara sauce
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon of dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
– Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a baking dish.
2. Cook the shotgun shells pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Take each cooked shotgun shell and stuff it with the cheese mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the greased baking dish.
5. Pour the marinara sauce over the stuffed shells, ensuring that each shell is generously coated.
6. Sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the shells.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden brown.
9. Once done, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
10. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired and serve hot.
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can substitute the shotgun shells with any pasta shape you prefer, such as penne or rigatoni.
2. Can I add meat to this recipe?
Absolutely! You can brown some ground beef or sausage and mix it in with the cheese filling before stuffing the shells.
3. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Simply thaw and reheat in the oven before serving.
4. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Certainly! Feel free to experiment with different cheeses, such as cheddar, gouda, or fontina, to add your own twist to the recipe.
5. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Absolutely! Omit the meat and add some sautéed vegetables like spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers to make it a delicious vegetarian option.
6. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the stuffed shells ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to bake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
7. Can I use store-bought marinara sauce?
Yes, store-bought marinara sauce works perfectly fine for this recipe. However, you can also make your own homemade sauce if you prefer.
Shotgun shells in the oven offer a delightful twist to traditional pasta dishes. With minimal effort and a handful of ingredients, this recipe allows you to create a satisfying and flavorful meal that is sure to become a family favorite. So, roll up your sleeves, gather the ingredients, and enjoy the deliciousness of this easy and comforting dish.