Are you a fan of traditional Reuben sandwiches? If so, you’re going to love this easy Reuben casserole recipe with crescent rolls. It’s a delicious twist on the classic sandwich that is sure to become a family favorite. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want a comforting and flavorful meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
To make this mouthwatering Reuben casserole, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 can of crescent rolls
– 1 pound of corned beef, thinly sliced
– 1 cup of sauerkraut, drained
– 1 cup of Swiss cheese, shredded
– 1/2 cup of Thousand Island dressing
Now, let’s get started with the preparation:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a baking dish.
2. Roll out the crescent rolls and press them into the bottom of the baking dish, forming a crust.
3. Layer the corned beef evenly over the crescent roll crust.
4. Spread the sauerkraut over the corned beef. Make sure to drain it well to prevent excess moisture.
5. Drizzle the Thousand Island dressing over the sauerkraut layer.
6. Sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese on top of the dressing.
7. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Once cooked, remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
9. Slice the casserole into squares and serve hot.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about this delicious Reuben casserole:
Q1: Can I use pastrami instead of corned beef?
A1: Yes, pastrami is a great alternative if you prefer its smoky flavor.
Q2: Can I use a different type of cheese?
A2: Absolutely! While Swiss cheese is traditional, you can experiment with other cheeses like cheddar or provolone.
Q3: Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
A3: Yes, you can prepare the casserole up until step 7 and refrigerate it. When ready to serve, simply bake it as directed.
Q4: Can I freeze the leftovers?
A4: Yes, this casserole freezes well. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Q5: Can I add other ingredients to the casserole?
A5: Definitely! Some popular additions include sliced pickles, diced onions, or even a sprinkle of caraway seeds.
Q6: Can I make this casserole vegetarian?
A6: Of course! Replace the corned beef with vegetarian deli slices or even grilled portobello mushrooms.
Q7: Can I use homemade Thousand Island dressing?
A7: Absolutely! If you prefer homemade dressing, feel free to use your favorite recipe.
Q8: Can I use store-bought sauerkraut?
A8: Yes, store-bought sauerkraut works perfectly fine for this recipe.
Q9: Can I serve this casserole with a side dish?
A9: Absolutely! A simple salad or some oven-baked fries would pair perfectly with this flavorful casserole.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to give this easy Reuben casserole recipe a try. Enjoy the comforting flavors of a Reuben sandwich in a convenient and delicious casserole form!