Best Easy Rojo’s Street Corn Dip Recipe
If you are a fan of Mexican street corn, then you are going to absolutely love this Rojo’s Street Corn Dip recipe! It combines all the delicious flavors of street corn into a creamy and cheesy dip that is perfect for parties, game nights, or just a delicious snack.
– 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
– 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the corn, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and spread it out evenly.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the dip is hot and bubbly, and the cheese is melted and slightly golden on top.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
6. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
Now, let’s answer some common questions about this delicious Rojo’s Street Corn Dip recipe:
1. Can I use fresh corn instead of frozen corn?
Yes, you can definitely use fresh corn if you prefer. Just make sure to cook it before adding it to the dip. Grilling or boiling the corn will give it a nice smoky flavor that works great in this recipe.
2. Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When you are ready to serve, simply remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed.
3. Can I make this dip spicy?
If you like some heat, you can add a dash of cayenne pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce to the dip. You can also leave some of the jalapeno seeds in for an extra kick. Adjust the spiciness according to your taste preferences.
4. Can I substitute the mayonnaise and sour cream?
If you are looking for a lighter version of this dip, you can use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and sour cream. It will still give the dip a creamy texture and tangy flavor.
5. Can I freeze this dip?
It is not recommended to freeze this dip as the texture and consistency may change once thawed. It is best enjoyed fresh or stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
6. Can I add other ingredients to this dip?
Absolutely! This recipe is versatile, and you can add other ingredients such as diced bell peppers, green onions, or even cooked bacon for extra flavor and texture.
7. What other dishes can I serve with this dip?
Aside from tortilla chips or sliced baguette, this dip also pairs well with grilled meats, tacos, or as a topping for baked potatoes. Get creative and use it as a flavorful condiment for your favorite dishes.
Enjoy this delicious Rojo’s Street Corn Dip as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or a tasty snack. Its creamy, cheesy, and savory flavors will surely be a hit at your next gathering.