Best Easy Scooby Snack Cookie Recipe
If you’re a fan of the beloved Scooby-Doo series, you’re probably familiar with the iconic Scooby Snacks. These delicious treats have become a fan favorite over the years, and now you can recreate them in your own kitchen with this easy Scooby Snack cookie recipe. Made with simple ingredients and packed with flavor, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
– 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– ½ cup packed brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– ½ cup shredded coconut
– ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
6. Stir in the rolled oats, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and chopped nuts (if using). Make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
7. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that your delicious Scooby Snack cookies are ready, it’s time to enjoy them! These cookies are perfect for a nostalgic snack or a fun treat to share with friends and family. The combination of chocolate chips, coconut, and oats creates a delightful texture and flavor that will have you reaching for seconds.
1. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour to make these cookies gluten-free.
2. Can I use margarine instead of butter?
While butter provides the best flavor and texture, you can substitute margarine in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the cookies may have a slightly different taste and texture.
3. Can I omit the nuts and still have a tasty cookie?
Absolutely! The chopped nuts add a nice crunch, but you can omit them if you prefer or if you have any allergies.
4. Can I use sweetened coconut instead of shredded coconut?
Yes, you can use sweetened coconut if you prefer a sweeter cookie. Just keep in mind that it may alter the overall sweetness of the recipe.
5. How should I store these cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
6. Can I add other mix-ins like raisins or dried cranberries?
Yes, you can customize this recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins like raisins, dried cranberries, or even peanut butter chips.
7. Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to double or even triple the recipe if you need to make a larger batch. Just make sure you have enough baking sheets and oven space to accommodate the increased quantity.
So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to bake these delicious Scooby Snack cookies. Whether you’re a fan of the series or simply looking for a tasty treat, these cookies are sure to satisfy your cravings. Enjoy!