The Scorpion Pepper, also known as Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, is recognized as one of the hottest chili peppers in the world. With a Scoville rating of over 1.2 million units, it is no wonder that it has gained popularity among chili enthusiasts. If you are up for a fiery culinary adventure, then this article is for you. We will explore the best and easiest Scorpion Pepper Sauce recipe, guaranteed to add a flavorful punch to any dish.
– 10-12 fresh Scorpion Peppers
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 1 medium-sized onion
– 1 cup white vinegar
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
1. Begin by wearing gloves to protect your hands from the intense heat of the Scorpion Peppers. Remove the stems and roughly chop the peppers.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and dice the onion.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine the Scorpion Peppers, garlic, onion, white vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, and salt.
4. Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and uniform consistency. Be cautious while blending, as the fumes from the peppers can be potent.
5. Taste the sauce and adjust the flavors according to your preference. You can add more sugar or salt if desired.
6. Transfer the sauce to a sterilized glass jar or bottle, ensuring that it is airtight.
7. Allow the sauce to sit for at least a week to allow the flavors to meld together. This will also help to reduce the intensity of the heat.
8. Once the sauce has aged, it is ready to be used in your favorite recipes or as a condiment for dipping.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about Scorpion Pepper Sauce:
1. How long does Scorpion Pepper Sauce last?
Scorpion Pepper Sauce can last for several months when stored in a cool, dark place. However, the heat may diminish over time.
2. Can I reduce the heat of the sauce?
Yes, you can reduce the heat by deseeding the Scorpion Peppers or using fewer peppers.
3. Is it safe to handle Scorpion Peppers without gloves?
No, it is not recommended. The capsaicin in the peppers can cause severe skin irritation and burns.
4. Can I substitute Scorpion Peppers with another chili variety?
Yes, you can use other hot chili peppers like Habanero or Ghost Pepper, but keep in mind that it will alter the flavor profile.
5. How can I make the sauce milder?
To make the sauce milder, you can add fruits such as mango or pineapple to balance out the heat.
6. What dishes pair well with Scorpion Pepper Sauce?
Scorpion Pepper Sauce complements grilled meats, tacos, stir-fries, and even dips.
7. Can I freeze Scorpion Pepper Sauce?
Yes, you can freeze the sauce in ice cube trays or small containers for future use.
8. How can I make the sauce thicker?
If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can add a small amount of tomato paste or reduce the amount of vinegar.
9. How can I make the sauce hotter?
To make the sauce even hotter, you can add a few drops of pure capsaicin extract or use more Scorpion Peppers.
With this easy Scorpion Pepper Sauce recipe and the answers to common questions, you are now equipped to embark on a spicy culinary journey. Enjoy the heat but remember to handle these fiery peppers with caution!