Best Easy Simple Sugar Cookie Recipe Small Batch
Sugar cookies are one of the most beloved treats, perfect for any occasion or simply as a sweet indulgence. If you’re looking for a quick and easy sugar cookie recipe that yields a small batch, then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is perfect for those times when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth without making a huge batch of cookies. So, let’s get started!
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
7. Once chilled, remove the dough from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes from the dough. Place the cut-out cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden.
10. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have your delicious small batch of sugar cookies, it’s time to enjoy them! Whether you want to decorate them with icing or simply savor their buttery sweetness, these cookies are sure to be a hit. Here are some commonly asked questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted?
Yes, you can use salted butter in this recipe. Just omit the additional salt called for in the ingredients.
2. Can I use a different type of sugar?
While granulated sugar works best for this recipe, you can experiment with different sugars such as brown sugar or coconut sugar for a slightly different flavor.
3. Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, you can freeze the dough for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing.
4. How long do these cookies stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies should stay fresh for about a week.
5. Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! If you need a larger batch of cookies, simply double the ingredients. The baking time may need to be adjusted slightly.
6. Can I add chocolate chips or other mix-ins to the dough?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips, sprinkles, or other mix-ins to the dough before chilling. Just fold them in gently until evenly distributed.
7. Can I use this recipe for cut-out cookies?
Yes, this recipe is perfect for cut-out cookies. Just make sure to chill the dough thoroughly before rolling it out and using cookie cutters.
Now, armed with this simple and delicious sugar cookie recipe, you can satisfy your cravings without making an overwhelming amount of cookies. Enjoy baking and indulging in these sweet treats!