Best Easy Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make chicken recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further! This slow cooker chipotle chicken recipe is not only incredibly flavorful but also incredibly simple to prepare. With just a few ingredients and a slow cooker, you can have a mouthwatering meal ready in no time.
– 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
– 1 onion, diced
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon of cumin
– 1 tablespoon of chili powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of pepper
– 1 cup of chicken broth
1. Begin by placing the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend together the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced onion, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
3. Pour the chipotle mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4. Add the chicken broth to the slow cooker.
5. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
6. Once cooked, use two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker.
7. Stir the shredded chicken in the sauce to ensure it is evenly coated.
8. Serve the chipotle chicken on warm tortillas or over rice, and garnish with your favorite toppings such as avocado, cilantro, or lime wedges.
This slow cooker chipotle chicken recipe is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. You can use it to make tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or even a flavorful chicken salad. The smoky and spicy flavors from the chipotle peppers will add a delicious kick to any meal.
1. Can I adjust the spiciness of this recipe?
Absolutely! The level of spiciness can be adjusted to your preference. If you prefer a milder flavor, use fewer chipotle peppers or remove the seeds before blending. For a spicier kick, add more chipotle peppers or leave the seeds in.
2. Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can definitely use chicken thighs instead. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may take longer to cook than chicken breasts.
3. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, this recipe freezes well. Simply allow the chicken to cool completely, then transfer it to airtight containers or freezer bags. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
4. Can I use this recipe for meal prepping?
Absolutely! This recipe is perfect for meal prepping. You can make a large batch of chipotle chicken and portion it out for meals throughout the week. It can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
5. Can I make this recipe in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe for an Instant Pot. Follow the same instructions for blending the chipotle mixture, then cook the chicken on high pressure for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
6. What toppings go well with this chipotle chicken?
Some delicious toppings to consider are diced avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, and a squeeze of lime juice. These toppings add freshness and creaminess to balance out the smoky and spicy flavors.
7. Can I use the leftover sauce for other dishes?
Absolutely! The leftover sauce is incredibly flavorful and can be used as a marinade for other proteins, such as steak or shrimp. It can also be used as a sauce for pasta, roasted vegetables, or as a dipping sauce for chips or fries. Get creative and enjoy the versatility of this delicious chipotle sauce.