Best Easy Sonny’s BBQ Copycat Recipes
Sonny’s BBQ is a popular chain of restaurants known for its mouthwatering and finger-licking barbecue dishes. From tender ribs to juicy pulled pork, Sonny’s BBQ has been satisfying the cravings of barbecue lovers for years. If you are a fan of their delicious dishes but can’t make it to one of their locations, don’t worry! We have compiled a list of the best and easiest Sonny’s BBQ copycat recipes that you can try at home.
1. Sonny’s BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich:
– 2 pounds pork butt or shoulder
– 1 cup Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce
– Hamburger buns
– Place the pork butt or shoulder in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender.
– Shred the pork using two forks.
– Mix in Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce and serve on hamburger buns.
2. Sonny’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs:
– 2 racks baby back ribs
– 1 cup Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce
– Dry rub (salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder)
– Preheat the oven to 275°F (135°C).
– Rub the dry rub mixture all over the ribs.
– Wrap the ribs tightly in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
– Bake for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until tender.
– Brush Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce on the ribs and grill for 5 minutes on each side.
3. Sonny’s BBQ Cornbread:
– 1 ½ cups cornmeal
– 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
– ½ cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 ¼ cups milk
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
– Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
– In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
– In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
– Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Sonny’s BBQ Baked Beans:
– 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
– ½ cup Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce
– ¼ cup brown sugar
– 1 small onion, diced
– 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
– Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
– In a large bowl, mix together the pork and beans, Sonny’s Sweet BBQ Sauce, brown sugar, diced onion, and crumbled bacon.
– Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until bubbly and heated through.
5. Sonny’s BBQ Coleslaw:
– 4 cups shredded cabbage
– 1 cup shredded carrots
– ½ cup mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– Salt and pepper to taste
– In a large bowl, mix together the shredded cabbage and carrots.
– In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
– Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss until well coated.
– Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about Sonny’s BBQ copycat recipes:
1. Can I use a different type of meat for the pulled pork sandwich?
Yes, you can use chicken or beef instead of pork.
2. Can I cook the baby back ribs on a grill instead of in the oven?
Yes, you can grill the ribs instead of baking them. Precook them in the oven and then finish them off on the grill for added smoky flavor.
3. Can I substitute the cornmeal in the cornbread recipe?
Yes, you can use cornbread mix instead of making it from scratch.
4. Can I make the baked beans without bacon?
Yes, you can omit the bacon or use a vegetarian alternative.
5. Can I use a bagged coleslaw mix instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots myself?
Yes, you can use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix for convenience.
6. Can I make the recipes in advance?
Yes, most of these recipes can be made in advance and reheated when ready to serve.
7. Can I adjust the sweetness of the BBQ sauce?
Yes, you can add more or less sugar depending on your preference. Feel free to experiment with different flavors to customize the sauce to your liking.
Now you have all the tools to recreate your favorite Sonny’s BBQ dishes at home. Enjoy the delicious taste of barbecue without leaving your kitchen!