Best Easy Stuffed Hot Pepper Recipe: Spicy Delight for Food Enthusiasts
If you’re a fan of spicy food and love experimenting with flavors, then a stuffed hot pepper recipe is a must-try. The combination of heat from the pepper and the burst of flavors from the filling makes it an incredibly delicious dish. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to treat yourself, this recipe is sure to impress. Here’s a simple yet mouthwatering stuffed hot pepper recipe that you can easily recreate at home.
– 6 large hot peppers (jalapenos or serranos work well)
– 1 cup cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
– 1/2 cup diced red onion
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice each hot pepper lengthwise, leaving the stems intact. Carefully remove the seeds and membranes, ensuring the peppers are hollowed out.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
4. Using a spoon, stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture, ensuring they are filled to the top.
5. Place the stuffed peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
7. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro if desired.
8. Serve these delicious stuffed hot peppers as an appetizer or alongside your favorite main course. They pair well with grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or even a fresh salad.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about stuffed hot peppers:
1. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffed peppers in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Simply cover them tightly with plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese based on your preferences. Pepper jack, Monterey Jack, or feta cheese can be great alternatives.
3. Can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?
Definitely! Omit the bacon and add more vegetables like diced bell peppers, corn, or black beans to the filling for a vegetarian version.
4. Are stuffed hot peppers extremely spicy?
The level of spiciness will depend on the type of hot pepper you choose. If you prefer a milder version, you can remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers before stuffing them. This will reduce the heat level.
5. Can I grill the stuffed peppers instead of baking them?
Absolutely! Grilling the peppers will add a smoky flavor to the dish. Just place the stuffed peppers on a preheated grill over medium heat and cook until tender and the cheese is melted.
6. Can I freeze the stuffed hot peppers?
Yes, you can freeze the stuffed peppers before baking. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. To cook, simply thaw and bake as directed.
7. Can I make a spicy dipping sauce to serve with the stuffed peppers?
Certainly! You can prepare a simple dipping sauce by combining sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Adjust the heat level by adding more or less hot sauce.
8. Can I use a different type of pepper for stuffing?
Yes, you can use different types of peppers based on your preference and heat tolerance. Banana peppers, poblano peppers, or even bell peppers can work well.
9. How long can I store the leftovers?
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven or microwave before enjoying.
Now that you have all the information, it’s time to unleash your culinary skills and enjoy these delicious stuffed hot peppers. Gather your ingredients, follow the recipe, and get ready for a spicy delight that will leave your taste buds craving for more!