Best Easy Stuffed Hungarian Peppers Recipe
If you’re looking to add a burst of flavor and a touch of spice to your dinner table, then the stuffed Hungarian peppers recipe is perfect for you. These delicious peppers are filled with a flavorful mixture of ground meat, rice, and aromatic spices, creating a mouthwatering dish that is sure to impress. What’s more, this recipe is incredibly easy to make, making it a great option for busy weeknights or special occasions. So, let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to make the best easy stuffed Hungarian peppers.
– 6 Hungarian wax peppers
– 1 pound ground beef (or any ground meat of your choice)
– 1 cup cooked rice
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 cup tomato sauce
– 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
– Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Meanwhile, prepare the peppers by cutting off the tops and removing the seeds and membranes. Set them aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the ground meat to the skillet and cook until browned. Make sure to break up any clumps with a wooden spoon.
4. Stir in the cooked rice, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
5. Carefully stuff the mixture into the prepared peppers, ensuring they are filled to the top without overpacking. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce and broth. Pour the mixture over the stuffed peppers, allowing it to surround them.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the meat is cooked through.
8. Once done, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the tops of the peppers are slightly browned.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot. You can enjoy these stuffed Hungarian peppers as a main dish or even as a side dish alongside some crusty bread.
Now that you know how to make the best easy stuffed Hungarian peppers, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious recipe:
1. Can I use a different type of pepper for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of pepper that suits your taste. Hungarian wax peppers are commonly used, but you can also opt for bell peppers or even jalapeños for a spicier kick.
2. Can I substitute the ground beef with another meat?
Absolutely! You can use ground chicken, turkey, pork, or even a vegetarian meat substitute if you prefer.
3. Can I make these stuffed peppers ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffed peppers in advance and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake. Simply cover the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
4. Can I freeze the stuffed peppers?
Yes, you can freeze the stuffed peppers before baking them. Wrap each pepper tightly with plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and follow the baking instructions as usual.
5. Can I add cheese to the stuffing mixture?
Certainly! Adding some grated cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella, to the stuffing mixture can add a delicious cheesy element to the dish.
6. What can I serve with the stuffed Hungarian peppers?
These peppers can be served as a standalone main dish, but they also pair well with a side of mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, or a fresh green salad.
7. How can I make the stuffed peppers spicier?
To add more heat to the dish, you can include some diced jalapeños or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to the stuffing mixture.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and prepare this delicious stuffed Hungarian peppers recipe. Enjoy the flavors and the compliments that are sure to come your way!