Stuffed peppers are a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. This recipe for easy stuffed peppers with tomato sauce is a crowd-pleasing favorite that is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. With a flavorful filling and a tangy tomato sauce, these stuffed peppers are the perfect combination of comfort and flavor.
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 4 large bell peppers (any color)
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1 cup cooked rice
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 can (14 ounces) tomato sauce
Here’s how to make the best easy stuffed peppers with tomato sauce:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Rinse the peppers under cold water and set them aside.
3. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
4. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the skillet with the ground beef. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the onions are soft and translucent.
5. Stir in the cooked rice, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the flavors are well combined.
6. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Spoon the filling mixture into the hollowed-out bell peppers, pressing it down gently with the back of a spoon.
8. Pour the tomato sauce into a baking dish and spread it evenly across the bottom. Place the stuffed peppers on top of the sauce.
9. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the peppers. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
11. Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Now, let’s move on to the questions and answers section:
1. Can I use a different type of meat?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian meat alternatives.
2. Can I use a different type of cheese?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or even feta.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the stuffed peppers ahead of time and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
4. Can I freeze the stuffed peppers?
Yes, you can freeze the stuffed peppers before or after baking. Simply wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place them in an airtight container before freezing.
5. Can I add other vegetables to the filling?
Certainly! You can add diced tomatoes, corn, or chopped spinach to the filling for extra flavor and nutrition.
6. Can I make the tomato sauce from scratch?
Absolutely! If you prefer homemade tomato sauce, feel free to make it from scratch using fresh tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
7. What can I serve with stuffed peppers?
Stuffed peppers are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a side of salad, garlic bread, or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
In conclusion, this best easy stuffed peppers recipe with tomato sauce is a simple and satisfying dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, these stuffed peppers are sure to impress. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a flavorful and comforting meal?