Best Easy Sugar Cookie Shot Recipe
Sugar cookie shots are a delightful and creative way to enjoy your favorite drink in a sweet and edible container. Whether you are hosting a party or just looking to impress your friends, this recipe is sure to be a hit. With a delicious sugar cookie base and a creamy filling, these shots are both fun and tasty. Here is the best easy sugar cookie shot recipe that you can try today!
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup vodka or your preferred liquor
– Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with milk. Mix until a soft dough forms.
3. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Take one portion of dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Use a shot glass or a small round cookie cutter to cut out circles from the dough.
5. Grease a mini muffin tin and press each dough circle into the cavities, shaping them into shot glass-like cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
6. While the cookie shot cups are cooling, melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Dip the rim of each cookie shot cup into the melted chocolate and then into sprinkles for decoration, if desired.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the vodka or your preferred liquor with the remaining melted white chocolate. Fill each cookie shot cup with the creamy filling.
8. Refrigerate the filled cookie shots for about 30 minutes to allow the filling to set. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Questions and Answers:
1. Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but remember to reduce the amount of additional salt added to the recipe.
2. Can I substitute the white chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips?
Certainly! You can use any type of chocolate chips you prefer or even experiment with different flavors.
3. Can I make the cookie shot cups ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can make the cookie shot cups a day or two in advance and store them in an airtight container until you’re ready to fill them.
4. Can I use a different type of liquor instead of vodka?
Yes, you can use your favorite liquor or even non-alcoholic alternatives like flavored syrups or fruit juices.
5. Can I freeze the cookie shot cups?
Yes, you can freeze the unfilled cookie shot cups for up to a month. Just make sure to thaw them before filling.
6. Can I use this recipe to make regular-sized cookies?
Definitely! Instead of using a mini muffin tin, simply place the dough circles on a baking sheet and bake for a few more minutes until they are golden brown.
7. How long will the filled cookie shots last?
The filled cookie shots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, for the best taste and texture, they are best enjoyed within 24 hours of filling.
Now that you have the best easy sugar cookie shot recipe, it’s time to gather your ingredients and start baking. These delicious and creative treats are sure to impress your guests and become a favorite at any gathering. Enjoy responsibly and have fun experimenting with different flavors and decorations!