Best Easy Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup Recipe
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional strawberry syrup, then look no further. This easy sugar-free strawberry syrup recipe is not only packed with the natural sweetness of strawberries but also eliminates the need for added sugar. Whether you want to drizzle it over pancakes, waffles, or use it as a topping for desserts, this syrup recipe will surely become a household favorite.
– 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup natural sweetener (such as stevia or erythritol)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the strawberries are soft and the liquid has thickened slightly.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
3. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the strawberry mixture until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier syrup, you can skip this step.
4. Return the mixture to the saucepan and add the vanilla extract and natural sweetener. Stir well to combine.
5. Place the saucepan back on the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes, or until the syrup has reached your desired consistency.
6. Remove from heat and let it cool completely before transferring to a jar or bottle.
7. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Now that you have made this delightful sugar-free strawberry syrup, let’s answer some common questions about it:
1. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?
Yes, you can. Just make sure to thaw the strawberries before using them in the recipe.
2. Can I use a different sweetener?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your preferred natural sweetener, such as monk fruit or xylitol, in place of stevia or erythritol.
3. Can I use this syrup in cocktails or mocktails?
Definitely! This syrup can be a great addition to your favorite beverages, adding a burst of strawberry flavor without the added sugar.
4. How can I incorporate this syrup into my breakfast?
This syrup is perfect for drizzling over pancakes, waffles, or French toast. You can also use it as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal.
5. Can I use this syrup as a sauce for ice cream?
Yes, it can be a delicious sugar-free alternative to traditional strawberry sauce for ice cream or other desserts.
6. How do I adjust the consistency of the syrup?
If you prefer a thinner syrup, you can add a little more water during the cooking process. For a thicker syrup, let it simmer for a few more minutes.
7. Can I make a larger batch and store it for a longer time?
Absolutely! Just double or triple the recipe as needed, and store it in airtight containers in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
8. Can I use this syrup in baking?
Yes, you can incorporate this syrup into baked goods like muffins or cakes, adding a natural strawberry flavor without the extra sugar.
9. Can I use this syrup in savory dishes?
While it is primarily used as a sweet topping, you can experiment with adding a touch of this syrup to salad dressings or glazes for a unique twist.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and enjoy this delicious and guilt-free sugar-free strawberry syrup on your favorite treats.