Best Easy Sweet Corn Mochi Cake Recipe
If you are a fan of Japanese desserts, then you must try this delicious and easy-to-make sweet corn mochi cake recipe. Mochi, a traditional Japanese rice cake made from glutinous rice, is chewy, sweet, and utterly delightful. This recipe adds a twist to the classic mochi by incorporating fresh sweet corn, giving it a unique and refreshing flavor. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make this delectable treat!
– 1 cup glutinous rice flour
– 1 cup canned sweet corn, drained
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Extra butter for greasing the pan
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8-inch square baking dish with butter.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend the sweet corn until smooth.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
4. Add the blended sweet corn, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated and the batter is smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
6. Bake the mochi cake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove the mochi cake from the oven and let it cool in the baking dish for about 10 minutes.
8. After cooling, transfer the mochi cake onto a cutting board and cut it into desired shapes and sizes.
9. Serve the sweet corn mochi cake warm or at room temperature. It can be enjoyed as is or with a cup of hot tea.
Now that you have the recipe, here are some commonly asked questions and their answers:
1. Can I use fresh corn instead of canned corn?
Yes, you can use fresh corn instead of canned corn. Simply cook the corn kernels until tender and blend them until smooth before adding them to the batter.
2. Can I use a different type of flour?
The recipe specifically calls for glutinous rice flour, which gives the mochi its unique chewy texture. Using a different type of flour may alter the final result.
3. Can I add other ingredients to the batter?
Absolutely! You can experiment with adding different fruits, such as mango or pineapple, to create your own variations of sweet mochi cake.
4. How should I store the mochi cake?
Store the sweet corn mochi cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If you prefer a firmer texture, refrigerate it.
5. Can I freeze the mochi cake?
Yes, you can freeze the mochi cake. Wrap individual pieces in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator before consuming.
6. Can I use a different shape for the baking dish?
Yes, you can use a different shape for the baking dish. However, keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the thickness of the mochi cake.
7. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by substituting the milk with a plant-based alternative, such as almond or soy milk, and using vegan butter instead of regular butter.
Enjoy this delightful sweet corn mochi cake as a dessert or snack. Its chewy texture and sweet corn flavor make it a perfect treat for any occasion. So, gather your ingredients and give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!