Best Easy Sweet Tomatoes Mushroom Soup Recipe
Nothing beats a warm and comforting bowl of soup on a chilly day. And when it comes to hearty and delicious soups, few can compare to the goodness of sweet tomatoes mushroom soup. Packed with the flavors of ripe tomatoes and earthy mushrooms, this soup is a crowd-pleaser every time. The best part? It’s incredibly easy to make, even for novice cooks. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
– 2 cans diced tomatoes
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
– Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onions and minced garlic, sauté until onions are translucent and fragrant.
2. Add sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook until they release their juices and become tender.
3. Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juices and vegetable broth. Stir well to combine.
4. Add dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir again to incorporate the seasonings.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Be careful when blending hot liquids, as they can splatter.
7. Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream, if desired. This step is optional but adds a luxurious richness to the soup.
8. Heat the soup over low heat until warmed through. Do not let it boil once the cream is added.
9. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves for an extra pop of flavor and color.
Now, let’s answer some frequently asked questions about this delightful sweet tomatoes mushroom soup recipe:
1. Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones?
Absolutely! If you have ripe tomatoes on hand, you can chop them up and use them in place of canned diced tomatoes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
2. Can I use different types of mushrooms?
Of course! Feel free to experiment with different varieties of mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, or portobello. Each type will bring its unique flavor to the soup.
3. Can I make this soup ahead of time?
Certainly! This soup can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat it gently on the stovetop before serving.
4. Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, you can freeze this soup. Allow it to cool completely, then transfer it to freezer-safe containers or bags. It will keep well in the freezer for up to three months.
5. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
If you prefer a lighter soup, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead of heavy cream. However, keep in mind that the soup will be less creamy and rich.
6. Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
Certainly! This recipe serves as an excellent base for adding other vegetables like carrots, celery, or bell peppers. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
7. Can I make this soup vegan?
Absolutely! Simply omit the heavy cream and use a plant-based alternative like coconut milk or cashew cream. The soup will still be deliciously creamy.
8. Can I add protein to this soup?
Yes, you can add cooked chicken, tofu, or even cooked lentils to make this soup a more substantial meal.
9. Can I serve this soup with any accompaniments?
This soup pairs well with crusty bread, a side salad, or even a grilled cheese sandwich for a complete and satisfying meal.
There you have it, a simple and delicious sweet tomatoes mushroom soup recipe that will warm your soul. So, grab your ingredients and enjoy a bowl of comforting goodness today!