Road trips are always an exciting adventure, but one thing that can make them even more memorable is the food we enjoy along the way. And when it comes to road trip snacks, nothing beats the aroma and taste of freshly baked Texas Roadhouse rolls. These soft, buttery rolls are a favorite among many, and now you can recreate them at home with this easy bread machine recipe.
– 1 cup warm milk
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
1. In the bread machine pan, combine warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
2. Add the egg and melted butter to the pan and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the bread machine pan, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Set the bread machine to the dough setting and let it run its course. This usually takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
6. Once the dough is ready, remove it from the bread machine and place it on a floured surface.
7. Divide the dough into small portions and shape them into balls. You can make them as big or as small as you like.
8. Place the dough balls on a greased baking sheet, leaving some space between each roll.
9. Cover the rolls with a clean kitchen towel and let them rise for about 30 minutes, or until they have doubled in size.
10. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
11. Bake the rolls for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
12. Remove the rolls from the oven and brush them with melted butter for that extra Texas Roadhouse touch.
Now that your kitchen is filled with the heavenly aroma of freshly baked rolls, it’s time to indulge in their deliciousness. Serve them warm with some whipped butter or honey cinnamon butter for a truly mouthwatering experience.
Here are some commonly asked questions about this recipe:
Q1: Can I use instant yeast instead of active dry yeast?
A1: Yes, you can substitute instant yeast for active dry yeast in this recipe. Use the same amount and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Q2: Can I freeze the dough for later use?
A2: Yes, you can freeze the dough after it has gone through the rising process. Just shape it into balls, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze until solid. Then transfer the frozen rolls to a freezer bag. When you’re ready to bake, let them thaw and rise before baking as instructed.
Q3: Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
A3: Yes, you can use whole wheat flour, but keep in mind that the texture and taste of the rolls will be slightly different. You may need to adjust the amount of flour and liquid to achieve the desired consistency.
Q4: Can I make these rolls without a bread machine?
A4: Yes, you can still make these rolls without a bread machine. Just follow the same instructions, but mix the ingredients by hand or using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Knead the dough until it’s smooth and elastic, then proceed with the rising and baking steps.
Q5: Can I use a different type of milk?
A5: Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk or soy milk. Just make sure it’s warm, but not too hot, to activate the yeast.
Q6: How long do the baked rolls stay fresh?
A6: These rolls are best enjoyed fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. You can also freeze the baked rolls and reheat them in the oven when needed.
Q7: Can I add any toppings to the rolls?
A7: Absolutely! You can sprinkle some sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or even grated cheese on top of the rolls before baking for added flavor and texture.
So, next time you’re planning a road trip or simply craving some homemade goodness, give this easy Texas Roadhouse rolls recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!