Best Easy The Chew Apple Pie Recipe
Apple pie is a classic dessert loved by people of all ages. Its warm and comforting flavors make it the perfect treat for any occasion. If you’re a fan of the popular daytime show, The Chew, then you’re in for a treat! We have the best easy The Chew apple pie recipe that will surely impress your family and friends. So, let’s get baking!
– 2 refrigerated pie crusts
– 4-5 cups of peeled, cored, and sliced apples (preferably Granny Smith)
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
– 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
– 1 tablespoon coarse sugar (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Roll out one of the pie crusts and place it into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim any excess dough hanging over the edges.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well until all the apples are coated.
4. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pie crust, making sure it is evenly distributed.
5. Place small pieces of butter on top of the apple filling.
6. Roll out the second pie crust and cut it into strips.
7. Create a lattice pattern on top of the apple filling by crisscrossing the strips of dough.
8. Trim any excess dough hanging over the edges and gently press the edges of the pie crusts together to seal them.
9. Brush the top of the pie crust with beaten egg wash. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top, if desired, for a sweet and crunchy finish.
10. Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
11. Once baked, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about making The Chew apple pie:
1. Can I use a homemade pie crust instead of refrigerated ones?
Yes, you can definitely use a homemade pie crust if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
2. Can I use a different type of apple?
While Granny Smith apples are recommended for their tartness and firmness, you can use other varieties like Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Golden Delicious.
3. Can I freeze the pie?
Yes, you can freeze the pie before or after baking. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
4. Can I add other fruits to the apple pie?
Certainly! You can experiment with adding berries, pears, or even cranberries to the apple filling for added flavor and texture.
5. Can I omit the sugar?
The sugar helps balance the tartness of the apples and enhances their natural sweetness. However, you can reduce the amount or use a sugar substitute if desired.
6. How long should I let the pie cool before serving?
It’s best to let the pie cool for at least 2 hours to allow the filling to set. This will prevent the pie from being too runny when sliced.
7. Can I reheat the pie?
Yes, you can reheat individual slices of the pie in the microwave or oven. Just be careful not to overheat it, as it may make the crust soggy.
8. Can I serve the pie with ice cream or whipped cream?
Absolutely! A scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream pairs wonderfully with warm apple pie.
9. How long will the pie last?
The apple pie can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. After that, it’s best to refrigerate any leftovers to extend its shelf life.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to gather your ingredients and start baking The Chew apple pie. Get ready to enjoy a slice of this delicious dessert that will surely become a family favorite!