Best Easy Thieves Laundry Soap Recipe
Doing laundry is a never-ending chore, and purchasing laundry detergent can quickly add up. If you are looking for a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative, making your own laundry soap is a fantastic option. One popular recipe that has gained popularity in recent years is the Thieves laundry soap recipe. This recipe uses natural ingredients that are gentle on your clothes and the environment, making it an excellent choice for those looking to embrace a more sustainable lifestyle.
To make the best easy Thieves laundry soap, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 bar of grated castile soap
– 1 cup of washing soda
– 1 cup of baking soda
– 1 cup of borax
– 20 drops of Thieves essential oil
1. Start by grating the bar of castile soap using a cheese grater. You can choose any scent you prefer, but unscented is recommended for those with sensitive skin.
2. In a large bowl, combine the grated soap, washing soda, baking soda, and borax. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Gradually add the Thieves essential oil drops to the mixture. Thieves oil is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, making it an excellent choice for cleaning your laundry.
4. Stir the mixture thoroughly, ensuring that the essential oil is evenly distributed throughout the soap.
5. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container, such as a glass jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. This will help preserve the freshness and effectiveness of the soap.
To use the Thieves laundry soap:
1. For each load of laundry, add 1-2 tablespoons of the soap to your washing machine’s detergent dispenser or directly into the drum.
2. Start your washing machine as usual, using the appropriate water temperature and cycle for your clothing.
3. Enjoy clean and fresh-smelling laundry without the harsh chemicals found in commercial detergents.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about the Thieves laundry soap recipe.
1. Is the Thieves laundry soap recipe safe for all types of fabric?
Yes, the Thieves laundry soap recipe is safe for most types of fabric. However, it is always recommended to test a small, inconspicuous area of your clothing before using the soap on the entire load.
2. Can I use the Thieves laundry soap recipe in a high-efficiency (HE) washing machine?
Yes, the Thieves laundry soap recipe is safe to use in both traditional and high-efficiency washing machines.
3. Can I substitute the Thieves essential oil with another scent?
Yes, you can substitute the Thieves essential oil with any other essential oil of your choice. However, keep in mind that the Thieves oil is specifically chosen for its cleaning properties.
4. Is the Thieves laundry soap recipe safe for sensitive skin?
The Thieves laundry soap recipe is generally safe for sensitive skin, especially if you choose an unscented castile soap. However, it is always recommended to test a small area of your skin before using the soap on your clothes.
5. Can I use the Thieves laundry soap recipe for hand washing?
Yes, the Thieves laundry soap recipe can be used for hand washing as well. Simply dissolve the appropriate amount of soap in warm water and soak your clothes before rinsing.
6. How long does the Thieves laundry soap last?
The shelf life of the Thieves laundry soap is approximately 6 months. However, if you notice any changes in color or smell, it’s best to discard it and make a fresh batch.
7. Can I double or triple the Thieves laundry soap recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch. Just make sure to adjust the essential oil drops accordingly.
In conclusion, making your own Thieves laundry soap is not only a cost-effective alternative but also a great way to reduce your environmental impact. By using natural ingredients and essential oils, you can ensure that your clothes are clean and fresh without the use of harsh chemicals. Give this easy Thieves laundry soap recipe a try and enjoy the benefits of homemade, eco-friendly detergent.