Best Easy Tiramisu Recipe No Mascarpone: A Delightful Twist on a Classic Dessert
Tiramisu, an Italian dessert that translates to “pick me up,” is a beloved sweet treat enjoyed by many around the world. Traditionally, this delectable dessert is made with mascarpone cheese, ladyfingers, coffee, and cocoa powder. However, if you’re looking for a lighter alternative without sacrificing taste, we have the perfect recipe for you. This easy tiramisu recipe without mascarpone is just as delicious and simple to make.
– 250g cream cheese
– 1 cup heavy cream
– ⅔ cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
– 24 ladyfingers
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
2. Dissolve the instant coffee powder in 1 cup of hot water and let it cool. Once cooled, dip each ladyfinger into the coffee mixture for a few seconds and arrange them in a single layer at the bottom of a rectangular dish.
3. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, ensuring it covers them entirely.
4. Repeat the process with another layer of dipped ladyfingers followed by the remaining cream cheese mixture.
5. Sift cocoa powder evenly over the top layer of the tiramisu.
6. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld together and the ladyfingers to soften.
7. Once chilled, cut the tiramisu into desired portions and serve.
Now, let’s dive into some frequently asked questions about this no-mascarpone tiramisu recipe:
Q1. Can I use any other type of cream cheese?
A1. Yes, you can use mascarpone as a substitute for cream cheese if you prefer a more traditional taste.
Q2. Can I use instant coffee granules instead of powder?
A2. Yes, instant coffee granules will work just fine. Simply dissolve them in hot water as directed.
Q3. Can I use a different type of cookie instead of ladyfingers?
A3. While ladyfingers are the traditional choice, you can experiment with other cookies like sponge cake or even graham crackers.
Q4. Can I add alcohol to this recipe?
A4. Yes, you can add a splash of rum, coffee liqueur, or amaretto to the coffee mixture for an extra kick.
Q5. Can I use a different type of sweetener?
A5. Yes, you can substitute granulated sugar with honey, maple syrup, or a sugar substitute if desired.
Q6. How long can I store the tiramisu?
A6. Tiramisu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, but it is best enjoyed within the first 24-48 hours.
Q7. Can I freeze the tiramisu?
A7. It is not recommended to freeze tiramisu as the texture and taste may be affected.
Q8. Can I add other flavors to the cream cheese mixture?
A8. Absolutely! You can experiment by adding flavors like almond extract, lemon zest, or even chocolate chips to the cream cheese mixture.
Q9. Can I make individual servings instead of a large dish?
A9. Yes, you can assemble the tiramisu in individual cups or glasses for a more elegant presentation.
Now that you have the recipe and answers to common questions, it’s time to try this delightful twist on a classic dessert. Enjoy the creamy, coffee-infused layers of goodness that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.