Best Easy Toasted Almond Cream Cake Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dessert to serve at your next gathering, look no further than the Toasted Almond Cream Cake. This delightful cake combines the rich flavors of toasted almonds and creamy frosting, creating a dessert that is sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Plus, it’s surprisingly easy to make! So, let’s dive into the recipe and indulge in this mouthwatering treat.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 4 large eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 teaspoon almond extract
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
– 2 cups heavy cream
– ½ cup powdered sugar
– ½ teaspoon almond extract
– Additional toasted almonds for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the almond and vanilla extracts.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Smooth the tops with a spatula. Sprinkle the toasted sliced almonds over the batter in both pans.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and almond extract, and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
7. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a generous amount of whipped cream over the top. Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining whipped cream. Garnish with additional toasted almonds.
8. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Now that you have this delectable Toasted Almond Cream Cake recipe, it’s time to answer some common questions related to it:
1. Can I use almond meal instead of sliced almonds?
Yes, you can substitute almond meal for the sliced almonds if you prefer a smoother texture.
2. Can I use a different type of nut for this recipe?
Absolutely! While toasted almonds provide a delightful flavor, you can experiment with other nuts like hazelnuts or walnuts.
3. Can I make the cake layers in advance?
Yes, you can bake the cake layers a day in advance and store them in an airtight container until ready to assemble.
4. Can I use whipped topping instead of heavy cream?
While whipped topping can be used as a substitute, it may not provide the same rich and creamy texture as heavy cream.
5. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake before frosting it. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then thaw and frost when ready to serve.
6. Can I add other flavors to the whipped cream frosting?
Certainly! You can experiment with different extracts like coconut or orange to create a unique flavor profile.
7. Can I make this cake gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make this cake gluten-free.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and impress your friends and family with this delightful Toasted Almond Cream Cake recipe. Enjoy!