Trader Joe’s is known for its delicious and unique food offerings, and one such treat that has gained popularity among its customers is the Carrot Cake Cookies. These soft and chewy cookies are a delightful combination of carrot cake flavors and the classic cookie texture. If you are a fan of carrot cake and cookies, then this recipe is a must-try!
Here is the best easy Trader Joe’s Carrot Cake Cookies recipe that you can recreate in the comfort of your own kitchen:
– 1 package of Trader Joe’s Carrot Cake Mix
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 large egg
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Carrot Cake Mix, softened butter, and egg. Mix until well combined and a soft dough forms.
3. If desired, fold in the chopped walnuts into the dough. This will add a nice crunch to the cookies.
4. Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s dive into some frequently asked questions about these delectable Carrot Cake Cookies:
1. Can I use a different brand of carrot cake mix?
Yes, you can use any brand of carrot cake mix. However, Trader Joe’s Carrot Cake Mix is recommended for the best flavor.
2. Can I substitute margarine for butter?
Yes, you can substitute margarine for butter in this recipe. However, keep in mind that it may alter the taste and texture of the cookies slightly.
3. Can I omit the walnuts?
Yes, you can omit the walnuts if you prefer a nut-free version. The cookies will still be delicious without them.
4. How should I store the cookies?
Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them fresh longer, you can freeze them for up to 2 months.
5. Can I add raisins or other mix-ins?
Absolutely! Feel free to add raisins, shredded coconut, or even chocolate chips to the cookie dough for additional flavor and texture.
6. Can I make these cookies gluten-free?
Yes, you can make gluten-free Carrot Cake Cookies by using a gluten-free carrot cake mix and ensuring that all the other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
7. Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can experiment with different cake mixes to create unique cookie flavors. However, the texture and taste may vary.
8. Can I make these cookies vegan?
Yes, you can make vegan Carrot Cake Cookies by substituting the butter with a vegan butter substitute and using a flax egg instead of a regular egg.
9. Can I use this recipe to make a carrot cake?
Yes, you can use this recipe as a base for a carrot cake. Simply spread the dough in a greased cake pan and bake at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Now that you have all the information and answers to your questions, it’s time to whip up a batch of these delicious Trader Joe’s Carrot Cake Cookies. Enjoy!